TreeCrafters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We need your opinion: Two worlds or one? [Corruption]

Go down

Should we combine the two worlds "Corruption" and "TreeCrafters"?

We need your opinion: Two worlds or one? [Corruption] Vote_lcap78%We need your opinion: Two worlds or one? [Corruption] Vote_rcap 78% 
[ 7 ]
We need your opinion: Two worlds or one? [Corruption] Vote_lcap11%We need your opinion: Two worlds or one? [Corruption] Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]
We need your opinion: Two worlds or one? [Corruption] Vote_lcap11%We need your opinion: Two worlds or one? [Corruption] Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

We need your opinion: Two worlds or one? [Corruption] Empty We need your opinion: Two worlds or one? [Corruption]

That's the big question I'm trying to figure out right now. As some of you already know what Corruption is, you can make your choice known now in the poll attached to this thread. So far when discussing Corruption, we have mostly tried to find a way to have two separate worlds to be home for two different types of players (much like how WoW has different worlds for their expansions). In one world, players would continue with the Tree Spirit Challenge as they have always been doing, and on the other they would be battling the demons of Corruption (and still following the same rules of the Tree Spirit Challenge).

We could get away with doing one server and keeping all of the players together. While the admin team has discussed at length how we should move forward with separating the two worlds, the option is still there to combine them and hope that everyone is happy with the decision.

Here's a list of reasons to go forward with both choices - we'll update this as the discussion evolves.

Reasons to combine:
1. Players can stay together
2. We aren't splitting resources, team members and time managing two servers/worlds
3. Multiple worlds means multiple storylines/lore in the future, two different plugin configurations and possible confusion.

Reasons to separate:
1. Casual players won't care to fight Corruption or lose their work to it if they don't log on for a while
2. Oceanous doesn't like Corruption Razz
3. Interesting opportunities with multiple storylines/lore in the future.

Please voice your opinion on the matter or ask any questions you might have below.
anotherstiffler
anotherstiffler
Admin
Admin

http://treecrafters.com/

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

We need your opinion: Two worlds or one? [Corruption] :: Comments

Mailleweaver

Post Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:44 pm by Mailleweaver

I say combine them but keep two separate areas. Maybe the area around sandland market could be corruption while the area around spawn and the original market can be the peaceful treecrafter area.
I'd also suggest a public bed in a separate "spawn" for the corruption area so that when the corruption players die before they can make their own bed, they don't have to walk for 5 minutes to get back to their tree.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:41 pm by Oceanous

Ano, as you may recall, after I accepted the fact that there would be the Corruption, I campaigned to have it on the same world, if not different worlds but the same world. I'd prefer a division in the same server; people like to be with other people, and it allows for easy moderation.
Also, it allows for less infrastructure duplication.
Finally, will be less resource intensive. The corrupt people like dragon can also spend time with pure-hearted people like me, while still being able to do what he does best. Seperate but equal? And on the same server.
The choice is seperate world or great wall.

Back to top Go down

anotherstiffler

Post Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:06 pm by anotherstiffler

Mailleweaver wrote:I say combine them but keep two separate areas. Maybe the area around sandland market could be corruption while the area around spawn and the original market can be the peaceful treecrafter area.
I'd also suggest a public bed in a separate "spawn" for the corruption area so that when the corruption players die before they can make their own bed, they don't have to walk for 5 minutes to get back to their tree.

We won't be going to a server that is very similar to the old one. Yes, we will port over some of the trees that players made from the old world and moving them, but the locations and distribution will be very different.

I like the idea of separating the areas a bit so that players have an opportunity to decide which they want to go with. A big wall going down a specific a certain X or Z line might be the best option. Players who want to play corruption go to one side of that wall, players who want to just go with the original Tree Spirit Challenge go to the other. We could build this wall near the Market, so that players can reach it immediately after they begin (and can know what it looks like before making a long trek in the wrong direction).

As for the beds, if we build the wall near the Market, we can just make a tree full of rooms/beds there for each player. Or better yet, create the underground system below the market (that Zeox_Ult had suggested) and use that for player beds.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:29 am by Hermit

I like the idea of combining the two and making a wall, kind of like Game of Thrones Laughing . Just make a main path with private gating system on both sides, then people can come and go as they please.

Back to top Go down

anotherstiffler

Post Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:00 am by anotherstiffler

We're building that right now and hoping it lasts through all of our testing. Thanks for the input, Hermit.

Back to top Go down

Tohclan

Post Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:24 am by Tohclan

I like the idea of a wall too. Maybe you can have an invasion event when equal amounts of both sides are on and corruption can attempt to take over some of the trees and vice versa?

Back to top Go down

anotherstiffler

Post Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:26 am by anotherstiffler

Tohclan wrote:I like the idea of a wall too. Maybe you can have an invasion event when equal amounts of both sides are on and corruption can attempt to take over some of the trees and vice versa?

Sure, that's definitely an idea I've had while building the wall. There will be some nice things we can do with this setup that would not be possible otherwise.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:19 pm by Hermit

Took a look, the wall is AWESHUM! I like what you all built with spawn/maze of rules, all sorts of fun things happened while I went crazy with SWTOR beta huh?

Back to top Go down

Post Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:56 pm by Darkstar1120

Ok, so im new and have no idea what the corruption is. Anyone willing to explain?

Back to top Go down

anotherstiffler

Post Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:14 pm by anotherstiffler

Darkstar1120 wrote:Ok, so im new and have no idea what the corruption is. Anyone willing to explain?

I'll be writing up some lore and in-depth explanation soon. It is essentially an expansion of the Tree Spirit Challenge, but that's all I will share until the server is back online. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:47 am by Darkstar1120

Ok ,thank you. I am looking forward to it Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Syhd

Post Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:57 pm by Syhd

I wanna know what it is, too xD humbug

Back to top Go down

jbot87

Post Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:08 pm by jbot87

I am looking forward to corruption, and the wall idea sound awesome!

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down