Personal update

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Personal update

Post by Mailleweaver on Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:26 pm

Lately I've been wondering how you people are doing and what they're up to since we don't play together anymore. And it struck me that you might be wondering the same of me, so here it is.

I'm still pretty messed up emotionally, but I'm making headway. I was put in touch with a singles group that formed out of a local church a year or two ago. It's not a normal singles group, though. It's more about having people to hang out with than it is about finding someone to date, and that's exactly what I wanted. They are also the best group of people I've ever met, and they sincerely welcomed me right to start with. They speak kindly to each other, keep their language clean, and really care about each other. I can't imagine a better place to be than with them. They've been really good for me.

We meet on Mondays and do a bible study. Every couple of weeks, someone sends out a group invite for some other activity, too. On Saturday last week, several of us met and watched the football game. Though there were only a few there that actually cared about the game (me not among them), we all had a great time chatting about random stuff and watching our team get creamed.

Later that evening I went out to learn line dancing with a few of them at a smallish bar/club sort of thing called Electric Cowboy. Unfortunately it turned out horribly. I guess I just can't handle that kind of environment. It's too bad; I had been really looking forward to it, but the longer I was there, the more uncomfortable I got. After an hour, I had to leave and ended up having a panic attack on the way home -- nearly wrecked due to getting faint from hyperventilation. That had me messed up for the rest of the night and most of Monday until I went to bible study. I guess I was just fine on Sunday because I hid out at home all day.

Friday this week a few of us are going to get together and watch the Hunger Games movie. I still haven't read those books. I hope it measures up to all the hype. It'll be nice either way; I really enjoy spending time with them.

Aside from that group, I've been playing a bit of single player Minecraft, replaying Skyrim, and I signed up to be a conversation partner for a couple of foreign exchange students so they can improve their English. The Minecraft technic pack finally got out of the dark ages of 1.1, so that's what I've been messing around with in single player. My Skyrim replay I'm doing with a vampire mod and the Dawnguard expansion. The two students I've been speaking with are both from the Middle East. One is from Iraq and the other is from Saudi Arabia. We just meet for an hour or so each week. Hadi, the Iraqi, gave me one of his Arabic CD's to listen to. The more I listen to it, the more I like it. It's too bad I can't read Arabic to be able to find more on my own. Pandora has no Arabic/Middle Eastern stations that I've been able to find.

I've also been taking care of my big sister's dogs and cat since she's been far along in her pregnancy. Today, she finally gave birth to her daughter, Embla Jane, so I'm now Uncle John. affraid This is going to be interesting. So far, she even seems to have turned out mostly normal. cyclops

So, what's up with all of you?
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal update

Post by . on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:18 am

school started. my disease is flaring. girl trobles. -_-

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiko_Niigata on Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:06 pm

I like arabic music too! a good station is "eastern sun" has good music :3
Aiko_Niigata

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord_Dust_Bunny on Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:53 pm

Shcool started, I'm pit for band with another new band director, and been mostly playing around with some MC mapmaking tools. I got into a secret CTM project, and am hoping to turn out a non crappy area for it. Mostly, I'm fine, not much trouble. I'm happy to see you're feeling better Maille!
Lord_Dust_Bunny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiko_Niigata on Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:03 pm

WELL to summarize, boyfriend turned out to be geh, got a new one, went to school, DRAMA, annoying people, and depression from annoying people. D:
EDIT: forgot to mention im going to public school nao... its strange... I ride the bus... *bus drives through the forest to a giant house*, * i get on the bus* everyone asks me to sit by them @_@ four of my friends are going to public school also, luckily they are my closest friends... for any creepers, davison high school... One of my teachers is dating another female teacher... no one likes her, LOL. Its sad being the most wealthy person in a school though... Everyone tries to be my friend... then they try to sit by me at lunch... its so annoying. WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE ANNOYING PEOPLE? of course i go along with it and buy people random crap, but little do they know i will use them to take over the world. MWAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAH
I have realized i have a lot of Buddhist beliefs and started practicing Buddhism in addition to Shintoism, my parents are accepting @-@ luckily... LESSON: most of the time people who are Shinto pick and choose things from other religions to add to their beliefs. lately money has literally NO value to me, i mean really i spent $14,000.00 on the Gucci and Chanel websites a few days ago, i spent 100 dollars on a liquid eyeliner pen... I hate that tab doesn't indent... OMG OMG OMG... my new bf lives in Brazil... I flew him to america... he is a childhood friend Smile. i didn't just like meet him on craigslist... LOL
Aiko_Niigata

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mailleweaver on Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:41 pm

Popularity can be a powerful tool. (And I don't mean for taking over the world.) It means you're a role model. What you do, others will emulate. Do the right thing and watch it change the whole school; I've seen it happen. And while you're doing it, you'll be showing them that your dad's money isn't the only thing there is to like about you and you'll make some real friends. My class was a great class to be in because the popular people were good people and did what they knew was right. That affected everyone. Even the "outcasts" were good.

As for the religion thing, you have to do what feels right to you. Everyone discovers God on their own; there's no other way. The established religions just give useful guidelines to start with. Don't follow a set of rules and dogma just because that's what you're told to do. If it doesn't reach your heart, it can't do anything for you... It can't help you through tough times, and it won't stick with you. When you find what's right, it will affect the very core of who you are. It's that change that started in me a decade ago that got me through the past few months. More power to you for finding your own way. Keep at it.

Double [Enter] ftw. Almost as good as [Tab].

Craigslist... there's an idea. Maybe I should post an ad: "Potential boyfriend material available. Good condition... Never used and only slightly damaged. Will trade for girlfriend material. Call Maille for details. Cool " Lol
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiko_Niigata on Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:04 pm

would have replied when i read this (on the bus) but my phone for some reason has no reply button on this website......
I know what you mean, there is a biatch who no one likes in this school@_@ she is the girl who is to be my rival. :3 (jk) I make sure NOT to act like her, she is the leader of this schools "popular" group thing though of course I have started a new one:3 I'm trying to make sure I'm not mean to people and neither are my friends... i may not like a person but doesn't mean i have to abuse and harass them... Though of course if she comes at me first i may or may not continue it... everyone who is "friends" with her I have been told all hate each other but want to be popular, I expect they will all leave her and she will be sad and lonely... Popularity, when used for bad things, never ends very well for the person, and that's what i have learned :3
xD craigslist is a little too... craigslist killer for me.... LOL
Sometimes i swear the popularity thing is like an empire and someone is always the leader@_@ its weird, they get to boss a group of people around while they sit and do nothing in this case...
Aiko_Niigata

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mailleweaver on Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:06 pm

Did you remember to log in? The reply button isn't there unless you're logged in.
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiko_Niigata on Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:31 am

OH... lol, i hate how much time i have in the morning now...
Aiko_Niigata

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiko_Niigata on Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:32 am

just sitting here... waiting for the creepy bus to come...
Aiko_Niigata

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mailleweaver on Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:13 pm

Find something to read. That'll make the time just fly by. I just finished a very good book that I think most people would get something out of. "The Noticer" by Andy Andrews. Check it out. It's not a long read, either.
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyrath on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:05 am

How long are you waiting? Don't you dare complain, I'm traveling 4 hours every day to get to my college.^^

I bought the whole "Gaunts Ghosts" series (Warhammer 40k books) consisting of 14 books + about 10 others and they didn't last for one semester. >.< Thank god there's E-bay. Got them for a pretty good price.
Keyrath

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by . on Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:30 pm

U guys read "Beyonders: A world without Heroes" ? Maille, it might be a bit of an easy read for you but its still good. "Fablehaven" by the same author is a really good series as well. Brandon Mull.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazinfox555 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:03 pm

Going to be away for the weekend, won't even be able to check if people are on. Would have liked to hang out at some point otherwise. Hope you all have a great time.
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://elephantfreak.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mailleweaver on Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:23 pm

Enjoy your trip.
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazinfox555 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:51 pm

Well, I am stuck at work for the next 24 hrs or more. Stupid hurricane. So, I won't be going home or coming on for that matter.
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mailleweaver on Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:10 pm

Aww... at least find some way to make a bit of fun from it.
I'm gonna have fun tomorrow. Very Happy I have a date!
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazinfox555 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:28 pm

Hope you have a good time. Need to charge my phone while we still have power.
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rysiion on Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:31 am

Yay Maille! Good luck on your date Very Happy I hope you find someone who care for you as much as you care for her
Rysiion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mailleweaver on Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:53 pm

Did you get home okay, Blazin?
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by . on Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:50 pm

Awww, c

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by . on Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:51 pm

Awww, cOme on Maille tell us what happened!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazinfox555 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:24 pm

Got home fine, sorry for not getting on! Lol. So much stuff to do, including sleeping.
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mailleweaver on Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:43 pm

Sorry, Swimr, this crazy forum doesn't always highlight new posts for me. I missed your comments until now. The date went swimmingly (pun intended Razz).

We went shopping for some food to start with, then took it to a nearby park for a picnic. After eating, we went for a walk up the park's short hiking trail a couple of times. Then we just hung around talking until she had to go to work. The whole thing was about 4 1/2 hours and not nearly long enough for either of us.

Blazinfox555 wrote:Got home fine, sorry for not getting on! Lol. So much stuff to do, including sleeping.
I'm glad you got home safely.
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by . on Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:35 pm

lol, nice! Very Happy glad u had fun!
I'll be on if anyone wants to jump on

View user profile

Back to top Go down