TreeCrafters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Personal update

+7
ShadowKeeper1243
zcd123
Bacon_Cakes
Rysiion
Keyrath
Aiko_Niigata
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Personal update - Page 2 Empty Personal update

Post by Mailleweaver Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

Lately I've been wondering how you people are doing and what they're up to since we don't play together anymore. And it struck me that you might be wondering the same of me, so here it is.

I'm still pretty messed up emotionally, but I'm making headway. I was put in touch with a singles group that formed out of a local church a year or two ago. It's not a normal singles group, though. It's more about having people to hang out with than it is about finding someone to date, and that's exactly what I wanted. They are also the best group of people I've ever met, and they sincerely welcomed me right to start with. They speak kindly to each other, keep their language clean, and really care about each other. I can't imagine a better place to be than with them. They've been really good for me.

We meet on Mondays and do a bible study. Every couple of weeks, someone sends out a group invite for some other activity, too. On Saturday last week, several of us met and watched the football game. Though there were only a few there that actually cared about the game (me not among them), we all had a great time chatting about random stuff and watching our team get creamed.

Later that evening I went out to learn line dancing with a few of them at a smallish bar/club sort of thing called Electric Cowboy. Unfortunately it turned out horribly. I guess I just can't handle that kind of environment. It's too bad; I had been really looking forward to it, but the longer I was there, the more uncomfortable I got. After an hour, I had to leave and ended up having a panic attack on the way home -- nearly wrecked due to getting faint from hyperventilation. That had me messed up for the rest of the night and most of Monday until I went to bible study. I guess I was just fine on Sunday because I hid out at home all day.

Friday this week a few of us are going to get together and watch the Hunger Games movie. I still haven't read those books. I hope it measures up to all the hype. It'll be nice either way; I really enjoy spending time with them.

Aside from that group, I've been playing a bit of single player Minecraft, replaying Skyrim, and I signed up to be a conversation partner for a couple of foreign exchange students so they can improve their English. The Minecraft technic pack finally got out of the dark ages of 1.1, so that's what I've been messing around with in single player. My Skyrim replay I'm doing with a vampire mod and the Dawnguard expansion. The two students I've been speaking with are both from the Middle East. One is from Iraq and the other is from Saudi Arabia. We just meet for an hour or so each week. Hadi, the Iraqi, gave me one of his Arabic CD's to listen to. The more I listen to it, the more I like it. It's too bad I can't read Arabic to be able to find more on my own. Pandora has no Arabic/Middle Eastern stations that I've been able to find.

I've also been taking care of my big sister's dogs and cat since she's been far along in her pregnancy. Today, she finally gave birth to her daughter, Embla Jane, so I'm now Uncle John. affraid This is going to be interesting. So far, she even seems to have turned out mostly normal. cyclops

So, what's up with all of you?
Mailleweaver
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Personal update - Page 2 Empty Re: Personal update

Post by Rysiion Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:03 pm

Yay Maille! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed yourself! Very Happy
Rysiion
Rysiion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mailleweaver Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:01 pm

We just planned a lunch date for tomorrow, and came up with another idea for later. I really like this girl. I love you
Mailleweaver
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mailleweaver Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:08 pm

I messed up the dancing we had planned for today. We showed up and nobody was there. So I called the instructor and found out that it got scheduled for Friday next week instead of this week.
*kick me, kick me, KICK ME!!!* Mad
This is the second time we've gotten somewhere and found the door locked. From now on I need to come up with backup plans for every date.

We spent the hour walking around the park, instead, and had a good time talking with each other, but I should have held her hand. I was just too afraid to take it. Maille is almost a total failure. But God love her, she's giving me a chance anyway.

She did love the flowers I gave her. Smile Nobody's ever given her flowers before.

So, 1 out of 3... it wasn't a complete no-hitter. I hope she's not as disappointed in me as I am.
I still wouldn't trade the day for any other, though; I got to spend part of it with her. <3
Mailleweaver
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazinfox555 Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:33 pm

Well, at least you managed to do something even though the initial plans fell through. Double checking things and having back-up plans is probably a good idea, though the occasional walk is always nice. It sounds like you made a good move with the flowers! ^_^
Blazinfox555
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

http://elephantfreak.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mailleweaver Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:03 pm

Yesterday was one of the best days I've ever had, and it's overflowed into today. I've had an ear to ear grin all day. Heather invited me out yesterday -- that made me feel really good -- and we went for another walk in the park. I gave her more flowers. (Just a single stem with a few tiny roses on it this time. No need to overdo it.) Then yesterday evening, we had a Thanksgiving dinner with our study group and spent nearly two more hours talking to each other there.
When I went home, a stray cat that I've been trying to tame finally let me pet him. Now I get to come up with a name for him. Today he came out and hung around meowing while I stacked firewood, so I stopped to pet him and we ended up playing around for quite a while. Once you earn their trust, stray cats are always the best. Very Happy

I've been talking with a mentor (Alice) for advice about this relationship Heather and I are developing, and Alice has been getting input from her husband about it, too. She said that it's probably best to keep things as they are for a while so we don't confuse things by getting physical (hand holding, and cuddling, and such) too soon. After really thinking about it, I believe she's right. Heather and I have both been pretty much alone our whole lives and it would be very easy to jump into this heartfirst because of it. It's probably best for both of us that we get comfortable with each other and get to know each other very well before we go for a deep romance so we know that we're really falling for each other rather than just falling for the fantasy of having someone. Fantasies don't last, but real friendships can.
Overall, I've been deliriously happy with how it's been going, anyway; there's no need to risk messing it up. So I'll talk to her about things and see if she's cool with keeping it slow for now. Maybe it's the same with girls as it is with cats. The skittish ones have to be gentled from afar for a long time, then when they finally get comfortable with you, they become the best friend you could ever have.
Emotional intimacy -- that's what we all really need, anyway, isn't it? Someone that we trust and care about so much that we share our innermost selves with them? I know that's what I want to have, and what I want to be.
Mailleweaver
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bacon_Cakes Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:18 pm

Mai-leh, I'm glad to hear how things are doing awesomely and I ran into Aiko in-game but I missed her and I missed talking to you too! It's been a freaking crazy time for me.

I *was* going to move to San Antonio to be with my boyfriend Daniel but I was dealing with some stressful situations and him pushing me very hard to go over to another city and lose what little I had in El Paso was making it even worse. I did finally get my motorcycle license and legally started riding my motorcycle (Almost. Haven't insured it and the registration sticker expired. Money issues.) I got a new boyfriend. I don't want to make it sound like drama (though I guess it is...) but my new boyfriend is Sai, actually a friend of Daniel's. And then I moved in with Daniel's other friend Will. And I started a job. So lots of things happening. Daniel was giving me a lot of grief so I don't want to make it sound like I was desperately looking to replace him or anything. I just feel like I get along strangely well with Sai and sometimes I feel like I get along well with Daniel's other friends which have been my only friends lately. I've had a ton of downs but some ups. I'm sorta stressing that I can't see my boyfriend Sai because he's a full time student without his own transportation. I've been struggling really majorly financially and I crashed my motorcycle on Monday morning Sad I've had to miss work due to health related reasons. I'm limping around at the moment and have no way of getting around except to bother my room mate Will Sad Public transportation doesn't run at midnight when I get out. My motorcycle is in the motorcycle hospital so I'm going to be without wheels for a few weeks. It's a really difficult time for me but I'm still hopeful things will improve... It's just going to take longer now...

Boy can I tell you about enjoying foreign music. It's great but sometimes it can be a hassle. When I was a teenager I loved this chinese singer named Faye Wong. I'm an adult and trying to properly label and stick album art on all my MP3s and I'm having trouble trying to find the information for "Love Commandments". Why is it so hard? Because she did another song that sounds exactly the same and I think *is* the same song but with mandarin instead of cantonese so I'm looking at the same song but like, two different ones? And just the other week I found this amazing song by Svetlana Loboda and Max Barskih. I tried in vain to try to find a torrent of it because buying foreign CDs can be expensive. I was able to buy the MP3 of amazon. The problem is that I was looking for a Max Barskih song instead of a Svetlana Loboda song and that's what was throwing me off. Then I wanted to see what the song was about. Know what was throwing me off THERE? The song wasn't in Russian like I kept googling. It was in UKRANIAN! By the way, there's only one translation of this song and it's isn't the greatest :/ If you have a foreign speaking friend who can help you out that's great. I like some Nancy Ajram songs as far as Arabic goes. It's a seriously beautiful language though it's not one of the ones I am interested in.

I hope everyone else is doing great. Hopefully as good as Mai-leh, hopefully better than I am.

Bacon_Cakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Mailleweaver Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:44 pm

It's good to hear from you again, Bacon! I've not seen you in ages, and have been wondering how things are going with you.
I'm not too surprised to hear that you broke up with your boyfriend, but it's probably for the best. It didn't sound like he treated people terribly well back when you used to play with us. I am sorry to hear that you're struggling, though. Just hang in there; God will straighten things out in time.

The funk I fell into after Syhd left was the lowest I've ever been. I even got to the point that I didn't care if I lived any more. I was drowning in emotions that I'd kept locked up my whole life and suddenly let loose when I (mistakenly) thought it was safe. I had to go through that to come back to being a real person again, though. It's a lot better without that stuff locked up inside. Now I'm happier than I've ever been, and I don't think I could be without having gone through that. Anyway, the point is that sometimes you don't know the good that something painful is doing for you until you're past it. Sometimes not even then.

I hope to see you in-game again sometime. It's been too long.

Well, I'm off to bed, now, so tomorrow will get here, already... I have a date with Heather. I love you
Mailleweaver
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazinfox555 Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:24 pm

Well, I've been going on a minecraft binge the past couple of days and have made a lot of progress on my tree and such. This is because a week ago tomorrow (Friday) my grandfather on my mothers side of the family died. Me and my parents are going to be heading to Canada for the funeral. Leaving tomorrow (technically today) at around 6 pm and will get there around 11 pm their time. I won't be back till Tuesday. Idk if I will be on nearly as much as I have been after this trip as I was this past week. But I do look forward to getting on as often as possible. If I am lucky as well as decide to bring my laptop with me I may get on the server while I am at the airport. If not *shrugs* I will ttyl.

I will be on the server once more at least tomorrow before my trip, whether I will see any of you on has yet to be seen. Have a good weekend everyone. I plan on spending time in below zero temperatures, both F and C.
Blazinfox555
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazinfox555 Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:33 pm

Well it wouldn't be below zero, but the flight from MSP to Winnepeg was cancelled. Wishing I had brought my laptop now. Sadness. Anyways have a flight tomorrow morning, but we are having trouble getting a hotel room.

Hope you all have a better start to your weekends.
Blazinfox555
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by . Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:44 am

It's my birthday tomorrow!!!!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady_Dust_Bunny Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:15 pm

Happy birthday Swimr!
Lady_Dust_Bunny
Lady_Dust_Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Rysiion Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:07 pm

Happy birthday! jocolor
Rysiion
Rysiion

Back to top Go down

Post by . Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:40 pm

Very Happy thanks guys! I'm going paintball with my friends over Christmas break, wish me luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by zcd123 Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:06 pm

LOL all schools in Michigan are closed, because people are threatening all of them... Luckily they only have to close it for two days, seeing as theat's *winter break afterwards xD
zcd123
zcd123

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowKeeper1243 Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:11 am

I should bring this back. I've been gone a long time.
BASIC SUMMARY OF OVERALL EVENTS:
I am now an uncle.
I can play the clarinet (a little) and am still excelling at tuba.
I would like to learn harp.
I'm procrastinating on two projects due in 5 hours.
I'm eating candy corn.
I'm talking to a councilor (was beaten up at school and assaulted at a concert. Long story.)
IN-DEPTH DETAILS:
My friend is making a video game, in which he plans to release it it 2015. No name as of yet. Theme is birds. Don't know why. I'm animation and music director (experience in both).
Still crushing on a girl that I've been liking since basically kindergarden/2nd grade. It's strange, because we never talk to each other at all. I'll change that later in life.
I've had life-changing realizations about myself while I was gone. I realize that I can never complete something to it's fullest, but that's because perfection is impossible to strive for. I've realized that I'm not safe, like everyone's told me my entire life, and that bad things do happen.
My grandma is basically on her death bed. Her death will leave me with only 2 grandparents. But at least I only knew one. Never met the other deceased one.
I've decided that asking other people to do things for you is a really stupid idea (Here's my logic, that's based on a quote. Basically, we don't use time wisely ourselves, and yet we demand other peoples time for our own being. So we're [how I see it] using other people's lifetime for our own gain. I think that's a horrible and gut-wrenching thought.)
Also, my nephew, whose name I will not disclose, is a freaking adorable little thing. He's growing so fast.
*slaps himself silly*
Don't think like that.
ShadowKeeper1243
ShadowKeeper1243

http://www.wattpad.com/user/ShadowKeeper1243

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiko_Niigata Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:15 pm

Four days till my Birthday! YAYAYAY 15!
Aiko_Niigata
Aiko_Niigata

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazinfox555 Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:41 pm

My spring break is this coming week, so I'll be on quite often. Probably be on a lot Tues-Thurs and quite a bit over the weekend(s). Well, seeing as I'm getting a hair cut on Tues, maybe not as much that day.
Blazinfox555
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiko_Niigata Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:35 am

Birthday in one day!
Aiko_Niigata
Aiko_Niigata

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazinfox555 Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:33 pm

Well, I'm hoping on playing tomorrow early-ish in the day for me, but the server is currently down and idk if it'll be up tomorrow. Just letting people know if they think they'll be able to join me.

I'll probably be on in the hours around noon EST.
Blazinfox555
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazinfox555 Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:17 am

So, I so lovingly used the jar for 1.4.7 and (of course) I deleted the original jar for minecraft. How would I get that back?
Blazinfox555
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady_Dust_Bunny Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:16 pm

Blazinfox555 wrote:So, I so lovingly used the jar for 1.4.7 and (of course) I deleted the original jar for minecraft. How would I get that back?
Just open up the vanilla launcher and press options. Then, select "Force Update" and login like normal. This will get rid of your current jar and any mods to it and replace with a vanilla jar.
Lady_Dust_Bunny
Lady_Dust_Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazinfox555 Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:47 pm

Ah, alright, thanks (though I must say I did figure it out a couple seconds after I posted that question, lol, silly me).
Blazinfox555
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazinfox555 Fri May 10, 2013 12:37 pm

Well, I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I have finals this coming week. So I will be doing my best to not get on minecraft during that time. So, I will need you all to post on the forum if anything happens to the server.

Now I just hope I study enough.
Blazinfox555
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rysiion Fri May 10, 2013 3:33 pm

Good luck with the finals Blazin, study hard Smile
Rysiion
Rysiion

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazinfox555 Tue May 28, 2013 6:35 am

Been busy this past week, I hope to get on later today, and if not that then tomorrow.
Blazinfox555
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next