TreeCrafters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm thalassophobic!

3 posters

Go down

I'm thalassophobic!  Empty I'm thalassophobic!

Post by ShadowKeeper1243 Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:21 pm

Do YOU want thalassophobia?
(kids in background) YEAH!
Well, kids, this THALASSOTASMIC package comes complete with:
  • Thalassophobia
  • Anxiety
  • Panic attacks
  • Crying
  • Cold chills
  • Paralysis
  • And much much more!

You will never not never be able to go near large bodies of water EVER AGAIN!
No more beach vacations! Who needs 'em? You'll just think about drowning the WHOLE TIME!
It costs a mere $11.34Plus shipping and handling
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? CALL 1-800-GET-FEAR TODAY!

Type 1134 into a calculator. It's true. It is.

Thalassophobia, the fear of large bodies of water. I went to Michigan this summer, and I had a MAJOR feat of walking about a mile-ish out into Lake M. to a lighthouse. Except that I was white-knuckled, clutching my mom with my eyes closed and listening to really loud music while walking. BUT WHATEVER MAN. I STILL DID IT. I took some neat pictures without looking, so that's all neat and stuff. Although I broke down crying when my mom let me go to take a picture. Not a fun part. BUT WHATEVER.

What are you all scared of?

(Don't mock me because I bet you're all scared of spiders and that's ridiculous.)
ShadowKeeper1243
ShadowKeeper1243

http://www.wattpad.com/user/ShadowKeeper1243

Back to top Go down

I'm thalassophobic!  Empty Re: I'm thalassophobic!

Post by Rysiion Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:03 am

You are definitely not alone here, I, personally, have had panic attacks since a young age all related to certain phobias. I'm not the kind of person that is generally afraid of things, like, I've been scuba diving, handled many aggressive reptiles, jumped off of extremely high cliffs, etc. also people generally aren't able to jump scare me ( I've even made plans to go skydiving when I turn 18). Sadly, I will have a panic attack if even put in a situation involving certain things.

- Mysophobia (Fear of Germs, Bacteria) I I have the compulsive need to wash my hands before and after eating, I am unable to handle certain public objects such as doors, phones, toilets, etc and forget about young children, with their sticky fingers and snot running down their face as they drool all over themselves.

- Trypanophobia (Fear of Needles) Now here's a douzy. I'm fine with dissecting things with scalpels, but the moment these a syringe involved, it's a full out panic attack. The anxiety from this can also be caused by the smell of rubbing alcohol or other common medical disinfectants. In the seventh grade there were free shots being given out for some diseases found in teens, and my mom thought it would be easier for me if I was surrounded by friends which worked horribly and ended up with me hyperventilating the way down to the nurses and through the line. When I was my turn I just started running down the hallway and hid in a janitors closet for about half an hour until a group of high schoolers and the vice principal who were sent to look for me, found me in the fetal position under a table sobbing.

- Parasitophobia (Fear of Parasites) Magots inside rotting animals, tape worms and heart worms in dogs, and the plethora of these little critters that use humans as their abode (Major emphasis on botfly larvae).

- Mycophobia (Fear of Fungi, Spores, Mold, Mushroom, Mycelium) I'm fine with eating store bought mushrooms, or looking at mushrooms outside, but I will refuse to touch any sort of growth with pretty much scrubbing my skin off afterwards. This comes with frequent nightmales of inhaling spores and waking up with stuff growing under my skin.

- Trypophobia (Fear of clusters of holes) Mainly when it's in human skin or a skin like substance, causes severe anxiety and itchiness. I've only recently realized that this was on my list of fears when I saw a picture this picture and screamed a bit.
I'm thalassophobic!  Skull-teeth

So, yeah, this is what I have to deal with on a daily basis, and the main reason I don't like leaving my house. The feel of needles and germs are probably my strongest with the remaining also about equal. Honestly, I can totally understand what you need to deal with. It's worse when people laugh or tease you about it because it's a serious issue that can and will cause a shit ton of stress and anxiety already. Unless the person has a severe phobia themselves they wont understand what you're dealing which can be incredibly frustrating. Luckily, my mom is always supportive because she herself has Ophidiophobia. It's both a blessing and a curse because I REALLY REALLY REALLY want a pet snake but she wont ever enter our house again if I get one. When I have a panic attack she understands and doesn't yell at me or try to force me into that situation (With the except of that needle fiasco).
Rysiion
Rysiion

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowKeeper1243 Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:39 pm

With you and your needle thing, I suggest learning things like meditation breathing (which seriously does help a lot) and finding a really hard object to white-knuckle over, like a hand. One time at the dentist, I just started breathing rhythmically and almost fell asleep. It may not cure it, but it really does help with the stress. And stress causes muscles to tighten, and then the nerves are clumped together, and bad things happen. Also, try doing large maths in your head. Like the Fibonacci sequence. 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 35, and so on.
ShadowKeeper1243
ShadowKeeper1243

http://www.wattpad.com/user/ShadowKeeper1243

Back to top Go down

Post by Rysiion Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:04 pm

That's a good idea, I'll have to try that. People were always telling me to relax and never flinch or tense up because it would end up hurting more, but they never gave methods in which I could collect myself, generally whenever you have people holding you in a chair as you scream your head off, it's incredibly difficult to calm down.
Rysiion
Rysiion

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiko_Niigata Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:57 pm

Technically Trypophobia isn't a real phobia, a phobia is a very specific thing, not just something that creeps people out or gives them Anxiety...
EDIT: I have Religiophobia, or a fear of religion and religious symbols and such @_@
Aiko_Niigata
Aiko_Niigata

Back to top Go down

Post by Rysiion Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:35 pm

I'm aware Trypophobia isn't technically an actual phobia, but I consider it to be one (Also, if a fear of clusters of holes isn't I don't know what is)
Rysiion
Rysiion

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiko_Niigata Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:05 pm

most of the things you sod arent phobias because they are RATIONAL fears, phobias are fears that are irrational.
Aiko_Niigata
Aiko_Niigata

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum