TreeCrafters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opened first time but not after that

+2
Mailleweaver
Blazinfox555
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Opened first time but not after that - Page 3 Empty Opened first time but not after that

Post by Blazinfox555 Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:42 am

First topic message reminder :

Here is the link to the log of what happened, I hope.

Not really sure. The first time I launched it I got connected to the server. Then when I pressed F11 to go to full screen it crashed. Every time I try to launch it since then it initiates, but then closes, doesn't even give me the option to choose whether I want to do a single player or multiplayer world. And I wanna get this done so that I can go to sleep before friends come over!!!!!!!!
Blazinfox555
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

http://elephantfreak.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Opened first time but not after that - Page 3 Empty Re: Opened first time but not after that

Post by Althing Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:54 am

Changed my mind.

Those root growths will wipe out more then the dirt block it's planted on, but ores and machines 4m below etc..
Could get very annoying.

I think I'll choose a vanilla tree for once, maybe I'll even try tree breeding later.

Tree: Spruce
Althing
Althing

Back to top Go down

Opened first time but not after that - Page 3 Empty Re: Opened first time but not after that

Post by Blazinfox555 Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:03 am

What is this about root growths destroying dirt blocks?
Blazinfox555
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Althing Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:11 pm

It seems some if not all twilight forest trees will grow root blocks roughly 4 to 6 meters below the original sapling AND replace the the dirt block the sapling was on with a log.
Which means you need to break the log and replace it with a dirt block in any manual or automatic farms.
That or you use pistons.
It deleted my planter when a tree grew above it, as well as test gold ore blocks. The roots will skip past bedrock and grow roots below it as well. Nothing stops the roots.
It's too bad, I was looking forward to roots and other aspects of the tree. But accidentally wiping out expensive machinery or a valuable ore can be a problem.
Althing
Althing

Back to top Go down

Post by Althing Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:21 pm

Just pointing out I switched from Spruce to Birch.
The spot I wanted to grow my home tree seems to have been surrounded by a roughly 20-30m wide area where spruce would not grow. Mailleweaver and I spammed spruce in several spots on dirt pillars to test the area. Since I tripped on one area that refused to grow spruce, i couldn't guarantee there wouldn't be a lot more. The area was not defined by obstacles, or biome borders. There was no apparent reason for the odd behaviour.

So basically I recommend that no one choose spruce.

The bright side is I'm enjoying the look of Birch roots so far.
Althing
Althing

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazinfox555 Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:19 pm

I have been banned from playing games for a while, so I am sorry I cannot join you guys on the server for a bit.
Blazinfox555
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mailleweaver Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:40 pm

Blazinfox555 wrote:I have been banned from playing games for a while, so I am sorry I cannot join you guys on the server for a bit.

Aww, we were hoping to get to play with you. Just when it became possible, it's impossible again. Sad
We miss you, Blazin.
Mailleweaver
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Althing Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:11 pm

Wow that is… unfortunate.

I understand though. We'll keep you in mind as we play and hope to see you online.
We'll show you screenshots of our progress periodically, right everyone?

Also if you post here, or PM me some details about what kind of starting location your looking for, we can hunt up some options for you and reserve the one you like. Keep in mind the biomes are larger than normal this time.
Althing
Althing

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazinfox555 Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:14 pm

Should be able to get on by the end of next week. Not sure what tree type I would prefer yet. I would like a place relatively close to a village. Not redwood forest. I should try to start in an area that is not an island. If there is also water nearby that would be nice. Any neat geological features nearby would be nice.
Blazinfox555
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Althing Fri May 02, 2014 12:12 pm

I meant to reply sooner than this, but anyway..

I'm glad to hear that you'll be online soon, and I look forward to seeing you on the server.
I'm not sure what tree you should choose either I had a hard time choosing. There are fewer options in this FTB pack. I would recommend you test any choice with a harvester/planter before choosing.
Weird things can crop up. For example when trying to get my Harvester to collect leaves from my farmed birch trees, it collected 2 birch leaf blocks and 52 oak. I can guarantee that there were no oak trees even remotely in range. I watched it break birch leaves and turn them into oak leaves. Disappointing.

Anyway time to play real estate agent:

Your player #4 now, and as such I figured you could have direction #4.
Mailleweaver went North, I went South, Grillo126 went East, so I explored on your behalf out west.

It's too bad that you wanted a village, villages usually spawn in the boring terrain.
I past some very interesting landscape.
But for all of that, I found 3 villages.

Coords via screenshot. Coords based off of the village well.

#1. Maple Village
A small village located in a maple forest. There is no chest or loot in this village however a Dimensional Dungeon Door is on the edge of the village which will provide an abundance of loot and adventure.
This village sits on the edge of a very large maple biome and guards the border of a Bog biome.
The Bog biome features mud versions of slimes. Useful for exp and using in a MFR spawner/grinder system later int the game.
This village is perfect for those seeking both quiet and excitement.

Opened first time but not after that - Page 3 2014-017

Opened first time but not after that - Page 3 2014-018

Opened first time but not after that - Page 3 2014-019

Opened first time but not after that - Page 3 2014-020

#2. Frost Forest Village
This cozy little village brings to mind images of old northern fairy tales and legends.
Nestled on the bank of a winter river these villagers have lived for generations.
Across the river lies a large badlands like biome with large mountainous terrain.
The division between the two biomes blends well.
This village is about the story of an isolated people and the tree that has been guarding them and their way of life for centuries. Are you that tree?

The one chest in the entire village is located at the blacksmith's.
The chest contains some great early game advantages, such as full iron armor, bronze brass, iron pickaxe and some steel ingots.
I would have chosen this village had I seen before I started.
Personally I would grow your home tree on the top of the cliff overlooking the village as part of the story. But that's just me.
I realize that may temporarily hamper your progress but the end effect would be worth it.

Opened first time but not after that - Page 3 2014-022

Opened first time but not after that - Page 3 2014-023

Opened first time but not after that - Page 3 2014-013

Opened first time but not after that - Page 3 2014-024

Opened first time but not after that - Page 3 2014-025

Opened first time but not after that - Page 3 2014-021

#3. The Grove village

Tired of winter?
Look no further. This village is where the other villages go for vacation.
This pleasant garden like setting is green, lush and speaks of life.
The terrain is fairly flat which allowed the village to fully form. There is no need to "fix" any of the generated village.
That said, there is only one chest, and you'll find it at the Blacksmith's. It contains some iron armor, steel ingots and other items. This village lies within sight of the edge of the Frost forest biome where the previous village is located.
This village is not immediately near to, but within reach of a swamp/bog biome which contains a witch hut.
Don't ask the villagers for directions, the subject is taboo.
You'll have to stumble your way there for love potions like everyone else.

The dominant tree in the area is spruce.

Opened first time but not after that - Page 3 2014-026

Opened first time but not after that - Page 3 2014-027

Opened first time but not after that - Page 3 2014-028

My journeymap thus far:
Image:
Althing
Althing

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazinfox555 Fri May 02, 2014 3:32 pm

Ah, I see what you mean. Did you keep track of anything cool looking despite my village request? I may forgo that if something is awesome enough.

On the other hand my sister is graduating this weekend and we have lots of family over so I am unsure how long I'll be on for. Family from Oregon is going to be staying at our place and my mom (the social and outgoing person that she is) expects me to interact with them. That and just lots of stuff in general. Hope to get on later tonight. Don't know when yet.
Blazinfox555
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Althing Fri May 02, 2014 6:23 pm

I didn't mark down any of the other terrain, but general exploration will dig stuff up.
It shouldn't be hard to find you something.
Althing
Althing

Back to top Go down

Post by Mailleweaver Fri May 02, 2014 7:46 pm

There is some cool stuff in a canyon biome near me. Big open areas surrounded by high walls with overhangs. It's very sparse without even much dirt, though.
Opened first time but not after that - Page 3 2014-05-02_184610_zpsa4955e4c
Opened first time but not after that - Page 3 2014-05-02_183216_zps2cadcad9

There's also a really neat highlands area out west of spawn on the border of a mystical grove and hot springs. I can't even describe it.
Opened first time but not after that - Page 3 2014-05-02_190746_zps369b4ee0
Opened first time but not after that - Page 3 2014-05-02_190615_zpse6bd260b
Opened first time but not after that - Page 3 2014-05-02_190645_zpse7511acf
Mailleweaver
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazinfox555 Fri May 02, 2014 7:59 pm

Are there any of those overhang areas to the west? Or whatever direction Althing said is currently unoccupied.

Consecration is boring. Anyone wanna txt on Skype? Lol. Probably not the best idea.
Blazinfox555
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Althing Fri May 02, 2014 9:47 pm

Okay I found another village, further south, close to directly west of my location:

This is where everyone wishes they could take their vacations, but can't afford to.
A lush Desert biome, some interesting low mountains with bright coloured terrain makes for a warm inviting feel. Bask in the sunshine and be the envy of all your tree friends.

Opened first time but not after that - Page 3 2014-029

Opened first time but not after that - Page 3 2014-030

Opened first time but not after that - Page 3 2014-031
Althing
Althing

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazinfox555 Fri May 02, 2014 10:23 pm

Ooooh, I like that location. I may go with that. Just have to figure out what tree.
Blazinfox555
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazinfox555 Sat May 03, 2014 10:06 pm

Well, I'm trying to get on, but the serve seems to be down? Also, can't figure out how to get to the control area to possibly restart the server anymore, so, idk.
Blazinfox555
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mailleweaver Sat May 03, 2014 10:17 pm

Just forgot that the bill had come due. It's payed up now. Smile
Mailleweaver
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazinfox555 Sun May 04, 2014 11:03 am

Graduations take forever. But after showing the two sets of pictures to my BFF I think I will take the area that Althing last suggested. Where I was hanging before I logged off last night. Don't know what tree type to get yet. Any suggestions? It won't be pine and probably not birch. That's all I have decided on so far.
Blazinfox555
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Althing Sun May 04, 2014 2:38 pm

Not sure but the other vanilla tree Jungle is unclaimed yet, that and you might be able to do something interesting with the Twilight oak.
Althing
Althing

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazinfox555 Sun May 04, 2014 3:32 pm

I think I will go with jungle then. Will try find time to get on today.
Blazinfox555
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazinfox555 Fri May 30, 2014 8:31 pm

The light strips along the bottom of my laptop screen will not stay on. I may not be able to get on for the next couple weeks. I am gonna try rush the purchase of my new laptop. Hopefully I will be able to buy it within the next couple of days.
Blazinfox555
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazinfox555 Sat May 31, 2014 6:34 pm

Another update. Despite the face that my original laptop screen is unable to work I have bought a VGA cable and connected it to one of our spare monitors. I can still play! And luckily get ready for a new laptop at the same time.
Blazinfox555
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Althing Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:48 pm

Very Happy Nice!
Althing
Althing

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazinfox555 Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:05 pm

Trying to get on right now and it says I can't.  Will try again, and if that fails will type what it says onto here.

*edit*  Been getting multiple responses.  Like: Bad Connection, Communication Error, returned response cod 503, Connection Lost, keep getting told Minecraft servers may be down.

*edit2* Evidently MC.net was down for me and so I couldn't get on.
Blazinfox555
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3