TreeCrafters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New modpack's mod list

+8
Blazinfox555
Mailleweaver
Coffeetailor
Oceanous
Apiary
Aiko_Niigata
xkea
Lady_Dust_Bunny
12 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

New modpack's mod list - Page 6 Empty New modpack's mod list

Post by grillo126 Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:04 am

First topic message reminder :

Put your suggestions here i'll try to keep the list updated (choose in this list)

1. Hardcore Questing Mod (amazing potential for tiered progression, ingame tutorial and guided progression) link
  2. Applied Energistics 2 (runs of RF, arguably the best inventory management mod) link
  3. Better Foliage (improves tree's aspect. Needs testing. video) link
  4. BiblioCraft (usefull all around) link
  5. Not Enough Items(unavoidable. Install the extension if needed, CodeChickenCore) link
  6. Forestry(more trees, carpenter stuff, bees. currently in development for 1.7.1, so it needs testing) link
  7. Forestry addons(pick your poison...Binnie's mods, gendustry, magic bees, NEI addon)
  8. Botania(not sure about this one : magic pack about flowers, mana and stuff) link
  9. Dynmap(nice to have) link
  10. EnderIO(crazy good compact piping, compatible AE2) link
  11. Enhanced portals( arguably the best portal mod ) link
  12. Extra utilities( extra awersome for many things) link
  13. Chisel(very good textures)
  14. Extra cells(for AE2, liquid storage and others)
  15. JABBA(for early game inventory management)
  16. Waila, OPIS(what am i looking at, + addons)
  17. The spice of life(difficulty mod about diminishing returns of food) link
  18. Hunger overhaul(difficulty mod about food)
  19. HarvestCraft(difficulty mod about food)
  20. MAtmos (add ambient sounds, see video in spoiler)
    video:
  21. No Cubes (not sure about this one, see video in spoiler)
    video:
  22. Thermal expansion, CoFH Core (basic machines)
  23. Big Rectors (more power gen)
    Big reactors build powering 4 laser drills:
  24. Forge (necessary i think ?)
  25. Infernal mobs (difficulty mod)
  26. Natura and tinker's contruct, with ignana tweaks or not, Tinker's steelworks (everyone love them)
  27. Journey map (dynmap but ingame)
  28. Minefactory Reloaded (tree farm right? plus laser drills to sink RF into)

Grillo's special : Reika's mods link
I LOVE those mods. Really. The modder is constantly improving them...Just check it out
RotaryCraft/ReactorCraft :
The learning curve is pretty steep, but the reward is SO worth it. All the machines scales with the amount of power you feed them.
It goes from lights to excavators, turrets (seek and destroy mobs  affraid ), forcefields, crop farming devices, spawner controlers, to huge multiblocks structures.
It's goal is to be relatively realistic and includes heat management (things can explode, melt and fail). Nuclear reactors (High-Temperature Gas, Fission, Breeder...They generate nuclear waste, which gives off radiation if left alone...beware of -realistic- meltdowns ! with corium, huge radiation field...awesome isn't it ?!).
Check this Fusion reactor (the reactor generate neutrons that heats the boilers which generate steam from water, steam goes into gigantic turbines, turbines generate rotational power which is used on machines, converted to RF...):
Extreme end-game facility:
Note that this monster generate 300x more RF power than the big reactor factory above...The resources needed are however on par with that gap : you'd need serious dedication to build that...I'd say you're better off with nuclear/fission reactors.
Chromaticraft
Super cool magical-like mod featuring crystals based magic. Time accelerating devices, light networks, huge multi-blocks atars, scaled-down beacons with potion III effects...
check it out:

I'm not too pumped up for the other mods he made (Dye trees, void monster, meteorcraft, electricraft, geostrata...). But yes it's awersome and everything, trough I admit is not very tree-ish.

Last edited by grillo126 on Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:14 pm; edited 10 times in total

grillo126

Back to top Go down

New modpack's mod list - Page 6 Empty Re: New modpack's mod list

Post by Althing Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:55 am

RaptorSB wrote:Advanced Genetics Mod - I've never really heard anything other than "Applied Genetics is OP" from anywhere. Think very carefully about this mod, especially since many of it's features are available via several other mods.
Smile but it looks like fun and is conveniently packaged together. Very Happy

RaptorSB wrote:
Applied Energistics - I've been told there are ways to make them secure now, but I've seen a few servers having issues with AE2 now, due to most protection plugins not providing security for the machine.
Security? Do we need Security of any kind? The server hasn't experienced any Theft, Griefing or Murder of any kind in a long time. (The worst has been people ignoring root rules)
Security doesn't seem to be any issue. It's refreshing in fact. During my first few weeks in the Treecrafter server I hid my diamonds in a chest under the floorboards.
Now I leave chests full of valuable resources sitting outside my front door or wherever I'm going to need them next.

RaptorSB wrote:
ArmorStatusHUD - This is a client side mod, so can be removed from the server side (if you have it there) and made an optional addition by players. Can also be done for StatusEffectHUD, DamageIndicators and JourneyMap (I believe).
Makes sense

RaptorSB wrote:
BetterChests - Iron Chests, JABBA and Thermal Expansion provide better alternatives.
I'm not picky over chests. Although I really like barrel like systems and colour coded enderchests for remote resource drop off.
Whichever mod is best for that sort of things is where I'd throw my vote

RaptorSB wrote:
BiblioCraft - Neat mod, I'd put in all the AddOns for mods in the packs
Sounds like a good idea as well. Also speaking of addons, can we add the add-on for the computer mod? It lets you control note blocks from programs among other things.
(I have dreams of a music hall/theatre...)

RaptorSB wrote:
Big Reactors - With ReactorCraft, not sure you want to keep this one, escpecially since it's very easy to get a small, efficient reactor very quickly (unless you have GregTech). Would only keep if ReactorCraft doesn't provide RF power.
Not familiar yet with reactor craft or Big reactors. I think Grillo recommended them.
Hopefully between the two of you it can be decided if they make life too easy.

RaptorSB wrote:
Ex Nihilo - Have never seen this in a pack that didn't have Hardcore Questing mod and a lot of other things turned off.
True. But it's fun. I admit it's possible to automate some powerful things.
But if that's your plan your either shortcutting your way to building creatively, or your going to get bored within a week.
Either way, it won't effect anyone else.
The mod does add some interesting things to pick and choose from.
Especially since you could build your base from material that comes directly from your own tree.

RaptorSB wrote:
Morph - This one just annoys me.
I can see why it might, but you can ignore the mod. Remember the Server is not Pvp based. In fact I had to request that Player damage be turned back on in order to engage in what could be called Gentleman's duels.
It took over a week to notice that Mailleweaver actually did it too.
There is no real competition of any kind. The closest we get is "My tree is bigger than yours", "My roots reach farther than yours", and "I managed to build <blank> from modA" which is often countered by "I just finished building <blank> from ModB"
I expect some of the members will focus on a handful of the mods to build their base with, while others will focus on an entirely different combination.
Visiting each other is going to be fun and educational Very Happy

Back to Morph though, don't worry no Pvp means no unfair combat advantages, no competition means resource races are pointless, so the worst anyone can do is visit your tree as a bat and flap around or something.
Pvp minigames, races etc.. will be interesting however.

RaptorSB wrote:
Wawla - Doesn't this just replicate WAILA?
As I understand it, it looks like that at first glance, but it really is an add-on that adds to the list of blocks that other mods have that WAILA missed.

RaptorSB wrote:
Twilight Forest - Very laggy and causes a drain on server resources (last I heard)
Laggy in 1.7.10? or Just in general in the past. We've had Twilight in the last 2-3 servers and it's been fun and not a noticeable problem.

RaptorSB wrote:
The rest of the mods, I've either not used them before, never heard of them, or don't have an issue with. I can do more intensive research if you'd like though.
Any insight you can bring about the mods we intend to use is I'm sure appreciated by everyone.
The whole reason the Server is in test mode is because we are all afraid to build seriously when the world might fail any moment.
If you can dig up information that can keep things running smoothly 8 months ager we are established, we'd prefer to hear it now.
That being said, don't get insulted if people pipe up to defend some mods they really want to mess with.
As it is, I've always found that additional world help keep things fresh a bit and provide new avenues to explore and build.
As it is I'm going to miss Mystcraft. It's always provided the ability to make private areas where you could stretch your roots and mine unabashedly without fear of running into anyones roots. (among other things)
Plus creating single biome worlds was a great way to make a base in your favourite biome.

Sorry for the late reply... Holidays have given my less time lately, not more. Go figure heh Very Happy

In case I can't break free again, Happy New Year everyone!
Althing
Althing

Back to top Go down

Post by grillo126 Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:12 pm

With retrospective I thing the big reactors are not so usefull given the other alternatives (mekanism, extra utilities's generators, ender IO, and propably more). They were the obvious lategame response to RF needs, but now we have reactorcraft RF turbine generator for ultra late game and in earlu/mid/late we have mekanism and extra utlities (64x generators are both extremely powerfull and compact).

Advanced genetics is an OP mod, sure. We should mineTweak the recipes to make the process harder

Morph allows you to transform small enough to be able to travel trough 1x1 shafts (even with a conduit in the shaft).
It's a fun based mod, but it's also quite practical !

Ex nihilo : Althing said everything

Happy new year everyone !

grillo126

Back to top Go down

Post by Rysiion Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:22 pm

Althing wrote:
hideyholeman wrote:Hello everyone, its been a while! Smile I'm hoping to get back into TreeCrafters.. Could someone send me a pm with the code?

Did you get a code Pmed to you yet?

Yep! Maille was able to send it to me! I haven't really started with anything as of this moment though
Rysiion
Rysiion

Back to top Go down

Post by Althing Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:53 pm

hideyholeman wrote:
Yep! Maille was able to send it to me! I haven't really started with anything as of this moment though

Oh good, glad to hear it.
Don't feel bad about not doing anything yet though.
We are still testing the server, and I doubt any of us managed to do that much online yet.
Or at least I haven't. Holidays seem to mean the people around you have enough free time to suck up all of yours...
Althing
Althing

Back to top Go down

Post by Mailleweaver Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:14 pm

Lets get rid of Doggy Talents. I don't think I'm going to want to bother with it after all.
Mailleweaver
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by grillo126 Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:43 pm

I don't think I'd have tried it anyway

grillo126

Back to top Go down

Post by Mailleweaver Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:52 pm

Althing wrote:
RaptorSB wrote:
ArmorStatusHUD - This is a client side mod, so can be removed from the server side (if you have it there) and made an optional addition by players. Can also be done for StatusEffectHUD, DamageIndicators and JourneyMap (I believe).
Makes sense

Journeymap is already disabled by default. The other three are enabled, but they're light and useful so I figured most people would appreciate them. They're still optional as they're easy enough to disable client-side if necessary.

Althing wrote:
RaptorSB wrote:
BetterChests - Iron Chests, JABBA and Thermal Expansion provide better alternatives.
I'm not picky over chests. Although I really like barrel like systems and colour coded enderchests for remote resource drop off.
Whichever mod is best for that sort of things is where I'd throw my vote

What I like about them is their ability to be upgraded to more than just chests. They can be upgraded to cobble generators, automatic furnaces, suck in nearby items, and lots of other stuff. I'm not overly attached to them, but they seem very useful to me.

Althing wrote:
RaptorSB wrote:
BiblioCraft - Neat mod, I'd put in all the AddOns for mods in the packs
Sounds like a good idea as well. Also speaking of addons, can we add the add-on for the computer mod? It lets you control note blocks from programs among other things.
(I have dreams of a music hall/theatre...)

We already have all the addons for Bibliocraft that I know of.
What OpenComputers addon are you asking for, Althing?

Althing wrote:
RaptorSB wrote:
Big Reactors - With ReactorCraft, not sure you want to keep this one, escpecially since it's very easy to get a small, efficient reactor very quickly (unless you have GregTech). Would only keep if ReactorCraft doesn't provide RF power.
Not familiar yet with reactor craft or Big reactors. I think Grillo recommended them.
Hopefully between the two of you it can be decided if they make life too easy.

I don't know a whole lot about either mod except that Big Reactors is very scalable, while the ReactorCraft fusion reactor is very expensive and outputs an insane amount of power. What else ReactorCraft does, I don't know yet. I figured Big Reactors could be a stepping stone toward the larger reactors or useful for people who are going to play more casually and don't plan on ever getting into the huge, dangerous reactors that are possible.

Althing wrote:
RaptorSB wrote:
Ex Nihilo - Have never seen this in a pack that didn't have Hardcore Questing mod and a lot of other things turned off.
True. But it's fun. I admit it's possible to automate some powerful things.
But if that's your plan your either shortcutting your way to building creatively, or your going to get bored within a week.
Either way, it won't effect anyone else.
The mod does add some interesting things to pick and choose from.
Especially since you could build your base from material that comes directly from your own tree.

In the current version of Ex Nihilo, sieves can't be automated. There's a config to turn that back on, but I've left it disabled so as not to allow super easy automation of resource generation. So everything you get from Ex Nihilo has to be done manually. It's mainly there to make it possible to gather things that can only be found in certain vanilla biomes which are made more rare with the addition of Biomes O Plenty. It can also be useful for gathering those few more materials needed for your current project without having to go out on a mining expedition.
You can still automate mass resource generation from nothing using MFR laser drills, but those, of course, are much more expensive to craft and operate than a sieve and autonomous activator.
Mailleweaver
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Althing Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:31 pm

Mailleweaver wrote:What OpenComputers addon are you asking for, Althing?

That took a while... finally found it. Seems I didn't bookmark it before,
https://github.com/MightyPirates/OpenComponents

However it seems you can ignore it Very Happy
That add-on is now redundant since the 1.4 Release of Opencomputers.
So as long as Opencomputers is updated I got what I wanted Very Happy
I last looked at it in september I think, so I knew I wanted it, but I never got around to mentioning it before, and I didn't see that it was recently made obsolete.

Mailleweaver wrote:
In the current version of Ex Nihilo, sieves can't be automated. There's a config to turn that back on, but I've left it disabled so as not to allow super easy automation of resource generation. So everything you get from Ex Nihilo has to be done manually. It's mainly there to make it possible to gather things that can only be found in certain vanilla biomes which are made more rare with the addition of Biomes O Plenty. It can also be useful for gathering those few more materials needed for your current project without having to go out on a mining expedition.
You can still automate mass resource generation from nothing using MFR laser drills, but those, of course, are much more expensive to craft and operate than a sieve and autonomous activator.

Very Happy That works for me!
Because your right, vanilla biomes are rare and certain things are really hard to find. I had to dig 3 1/2 kilometres of underground tunnel just to get some cactus from Blazin in the last server. I couldn't even see another source anywhere beyond her area, and I flew around a lot when trying to scout a place for her and others.
The lack of automation should help you find something you really need without creating a scenario where you can just afk for days.
Althing
Althing

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazinfox555 Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:27 pm

Okay, so someone made a mod pack that has similar mods to ours in it, and as far as they've said it seems as though the red moon thing tends to lag the server a bit. Not sure if that's true or not, and I haven't seen one on our server. Not even sure if we have it activated, but I guess just something to keep in mind.
Blazinfox555
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

http://elephantfreak.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum: