TreeCrafters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opened first time but not after that

+2
Mailleweaver
Blazinfox555
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Opened first time but not after that - Page 2 Empty Opened first time but not after that

Post by Blazinfox555 Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:42 am

First topic message reminder :

Here is the link to the log of what happened, I hope.

Not really sure. The first time I launched it I got connected to the server. Then when I pressed F11 to go to full screen it crashed. Every time I try to launch it since then it initiates, but then closes, doesn't even give me the option to choose whether I want to do a single player or multiplayer world. And I wanna get this done so that I can go to sleep before friends come over!!!!!!!!
Blazinfox555
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

http://elephantfreak.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Opened first time but not after that - Page 2 Empty Re: Opened first time but not after that

Post by Blazinfox555 Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:14 pm

And that's where the problem with my night shift comes into play. I will be leaving in 2 hrs (essentially) and then it'll be 9 hrs until I'm back home. So, yeah, it sucks.
Blazinfox555
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Opened first time but not after that - Page 2 Empty Re: Opened first time but not after that

Post by Mailleweaver Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:51 pm

In case we can't get you going with Magic Farm, what packs run best for you?
Mailleweaver
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazinfox555 Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:39 pm

I haven't gone through all the 1.6.4 packs yet. I'll have to do that later. ATM I know that I can run MW2 if a couple mods are excluded, as for the others, I haven't tried to download them yet. I'll try get to you on that by tonight or tomorrow.
Blazinfox555
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazinfox555 Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:47 pm

Okay, so I went through as best I could. Too lazy for too much more. Basically all of the 1.6.4 packs don't work. Managed to get MF2 to work. This is the list of the disabled mods. It works with no memory problems at this point.

Spoiler:

Not sure what else I can add to this disabled list, or what I should remove. Any help? If I can get this stuff straightened out perhaps I'll be able to join you guys eventually.
Blazinfox555
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mailleweaver Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:51 pm

It looks like it would be best to just go back to 1.5.2 and give up some of the nice mod updates until you can upgrade your system to a 64 bit.

Some of the stuff you took out isn't giving you much in return. InfiniBows, for example, just makes bows with the infinity enchantment able to shoot if you don't have any arrows. InventoryTweaks only adds simple controls for managing your inventory. And ExtraUtils is designed entirely around performance and usefulness. None of these are likely to cause a problem if left enabled. Even turning a lot of the lightweight ones back on, there will be problems.

Basically all you have left is Thaumcraft, Forestry, Tinker's Construct, IguanaTweaks, a couple of farming mods, a couple of map mods, and Iron Chests. There's nothing left for power, processing, or sorting, and there's not much left to make the world any more interesting than vanilla. I'm not sure the tech tree is even solid anymore at that point. Can forestry power it's own machines without buildcraft or thermal expansion? Is there a way to make brass for the machine frames when there's no way to macerate or pulverize? Is there even any copper and tin? You're having to pare it down so much that it's not feasible anymore.

If you can't get 1.6.4 working with something closer to the original packs, we'll just have to back away from 1.6.4 for now. I had no idea that it would be such a problem.

Last edited by Mailleweaver on Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mailleweaver
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Althing Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:22 pm

As much as I'd love to continue my current tree, I'd vote to trade the current world for having Blazin back.
That said, maybe you could backup the current world? We could return to it when 1.6.4 is an option again.
(Although I just discovered a young growth of Tainted land, around a chunk in size, closer than I'm comfortable with)

I guess I'll take a look at the 1.5 FTB options.
Althing
Althing

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazinfox555 Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:03 am

Okay. I have now given up trying to use my laptop. I can use the desktop computer on the main floor of my house, BUT that means I will be on for only a minute fraction of the time I could be otherwise. It means I will never be on in the evenings. There is only a slight chance I could be on in the mornings. Chances are that this limitation when combined with school means I will never be able to play at the same time as you all. This means that whenever my parents are home I will not be on the server with you guys. No late night gaming on the weekends.

Yes, it will be better than nothing, but this is essentially gonna be torture for me. This solution will hopefully only last for 6 months or until there is a good sale on a laptop that I would be willing to buy. Or they let me move the desktop to my room, which is highly improbable.

Either way I should be able to get on the server without any major issues at some point this week, without you guys needing to change anything or delete the world.
Blazinfox555
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by grillo126 Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:47 pm

I support Althing's suggestion. If we can have you back nice and clean by just wiping and downgrading I'd go with it without second trough

grillo126

Back to top Go down

Post by Althing Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:58 pm

I saw Blazin in-game today.
Tried to help her pick a tree (still undecided). But other then that she can play.
Not the best situation though because of the new limits on her play time.

Not sure which FTb pack to go to other then Unhinged. I assume we still don't trust Unleashed, and
Unhinged looks to be the next best one.
Dimension doors are fun Smile and i'd love to get computercraft running.

Basically 1.5 doesn't have a lot of interesting packs to choose from.
But we can still survive if we still want to downgrade.
Althing
Althing

Back to top Go down

Post by Mailleweaver Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:12 pm

I've not played with GregTech much, so I'd be interested in trying Unhinged just to see why people love/hate it so much.
Mailleweaver
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by grillo126 Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:39 am

Unhinged is basicaly an engineer's best bet at minecraft, twiligth forest is the only magic-related mod in the pack.
The focus is completely fixed on industry. Along rotarycraft/reactorcraft, it's like minecraft's heaven for me Smile

If we get to change, could you re-enable the creeper's area damage, so we can put survival back in the challenge ?

grillo126

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazinfox555 Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:18 pm

OMG. This is seriously getting out of hand. So the computer I got MF2 to work on went on the fritz. Had to do a system restore. Then the FTB launcher wouldn't open. Neither would regular minecraft. So, I deleted the folders for both minecraft and ftb in the appdata > roaming section. I then redownloaded minecraft and it still won't run.

I am stressed, tired, and I wanna play MF2. I am going to keep going but at this rate I might as well just not play minecraft until I get my own working laptop.
Blazinfox555
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady_Dust_Bunny Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:28 pm

grillo126 wrote:Unhinged is basicaly an engineer's best bet at minecraft, twiligth forest is the only magic-related mod in the pack.
The focus is completely fixed on industry. Along rotarycraft/reactorcraft, it's like minecraft's heaven for me Smile

If we get to change, could you re-enable the creeper's area damage, so we can put survival back in the challenge ?
Twilight Forest is literally my favorite mod. I LOVE fighting those bosses and derping around in that forest.
Lady_Dust_Bunny
Lady_Dust_Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Mailleweaver Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:51 pm

Blazinfox555 wrote:OMG. This is seriously getting out of hand. So the computer I got MF2 to work on went on the fritz. Had to do a system restore. Then the FTB launcher wouldn't open. Neither would regular minecraft. So, I deleted the folders for both minecraft and ftb in the appdata > roaming section. I then redownloaded minecraft and it still won't run.

I am stressed, tired, and I wanna play MF2. I am going to keep going but at this rate I might as well just not play minecraft until I get my own working laptop.

I'm sorry to hear you're having so much trouble. Do you think it might be good to give up on MF2 for now and play with the 1.5 packs again until you can upgrade so you aren't stressing and feeling left out all the time? We miss being able to play with you, too.
Mailleweaver
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazinfox555 Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:36 pm

I am really undecided at this point on that subject. Give me to the end of this weekend. If I cannot get something to work by that point I would be okay with everyone falling back to a 1.5 pack. Till that point though I'd just feel horrible making everyone's work that they've put in so far go to waste.
Blazinfox555
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Althing Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:57 pm

It doesn't have to go to waste, we could backup the current world and restore it later.
It might be interesting trying to remember what project you were in the middle of.

At any rate I look forward to finding out what you will decide.

--
As for Unhinged, It's too bad that Tinkers construct is not in it. I actually grew to like the smeltery.
I ignored in beyond glass making in Unleashed.

Also anyone know if there is a tool to move Mob Spawners in Unhinged?
It's another feature I had grown fond of.
That and I'll have to choose a different tree again, no Natura means no nether trees.

Edit: Found the tool. Portspawner. 1 nether star per use, expensive, but It will have to do I suppose.
Althing
Althing

Back to top Go down

Post by Mailleweaver Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:39 pm

We haven't been putting in any work. We've been having fun. Smile
I think starting a new tree is the most fun part of things, anyway, because that's when I'm most inspired by possibilities. Once I get going, I bog myself down with not wanting to move things that are already there to make way for bigger and better things.
Mailleweaver
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Althing Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:49 pm

Yeah.. true… except I want to see certain projects completed :p
But starting a new tree with all possibilities ahead of you is a fun state.
Althing
Althing

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazinfox555 Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:00 pm

Yeah, there's something wrong with the only computer in the house that I could use to play MF2 on. So, it's up to you guys I guess. I am fine with waiting until I get a new comp to join you, though I would love to be able to play with you all. If you all are fine with falling back on an earlier pack I will join you.
Blazinfox555
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mailleweaver Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:22 pm

I'll get the server switched to an older pack as soon as I get a chance, then. Everyone okay with Unhinged for a while?
Mailleweaver
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oceanous Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:07 am

Sorry I've been away, I'll try to get on more. I'm fine with Unhinged.

Oceanous
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Althing Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:43 pm

Yeah Unhinged will be fine for now.

Will we get Bukkit again?
Althing
Althing

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazinfox555 Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:00 pm

I'm fine with Unhinged. Just don't expect me to get to far. Lol.
Blazinfox555
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Althing Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:28 pm

Okay did some tree tests again.

I think I'll choose the Canopy tree.
There are some handicaps with it, but there are things I like about it.
An auto farm won't be simple, but I'll try to manage.
Althing
Althing

Back to top Go down

Post by grillo126 Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:44 am

I'll stick with an oak as usual

grillo126

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next