TreeCrafters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Corruption is no more

+2
Rysiion
anotherstiffler
6 posters

Go down

The Corruption is no more Empty The Corruption is no more

Post by anotherstiffler Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:30 am

While we have made a few small changes tonight to the way that the server is running, we have made another decision that will hopefully make the whole experience on the server better. The wall to the south, separating our faithful dryads from the Corruption, is no longer a literal barrier keeping you from un-travelled lands. In fact, the concept of Corruption and our plans for Corruption are now completely gone, and you are welcome to grow your trees wherever you would like.

Whether that be far to the East/West with the other players, or even further South where no one else has dared to venture before - the world is now completely yours.
anotherstiffler
anotherstiffler
Admin
Admin

http://treecrafters.com/

Back to top Go down

The Corruption is no more Empty Re: The Corruption is no more

Post by Rysiion Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:57 pm

Why did you get rid of the Corruption?
Rysiion
Rysiion

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyrath Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:13 pm

May i ask which changes you made on the server? Because some people noticed strange behaviors in their clients, me for example was unable to get redstone to power and torches didn't fall off when i mined the block it clinged to. Other like lando64000 had the problem that every block they placed turned into wool.

Could that be caused by your changes?

sincerely,

Keyrath
Keyrath
Keyrath

Back to top Go down

Post by Mailleweaver Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:33 pm

We didn't make any changes to the server software or plugins. All we did was change the rules a bit to try to make things simpler. I don't know what your redstone problem was. I'll have to test that myself.

We got rid of corruption because none of the admins have time to implement it. It never really existed, anyway. It was just a dream of Stiffler's. Now that we've torn a hole in the wall, people can make use of the space beyond it instead of having to walk leagues from spawn to start their tree.

Lando's problem is caused on purpose by a plugin. He must have tried to place TNT. I thought he would be one we need to watch, and this makes me doubly sure.
Mailleweaver
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyrath Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:54 am

Ah, ok. My problem solved itself after restarting the client. Must have been something wrong with it.

Lando said he wanted to "blow up his farm" because there where to many trees. He didn't try to grief or anything.
Keyrath
Keyrath

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxzhv Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:48 pm

WHAAAAAAA I WANTED TO BE A SHROOM SPRITE, Oh well

Whats the ponit now of playing? what new plot twist will you throw in to make the server better?

Luxzhv

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherstiffler Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:53 am

There's plenty more reason to play. We had quite a popular server before Corruption was added (and MC 1.0 was released).

We'll see about adding twists again in the future, but for now just have fun with the Tree Challenge.
anotherstiffler
anotherstiffler
Admin
Admin

http://treecrafters.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Agnate Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:58 am

You should try to copy some jungle biomes into where the corruption was. Maybe weave a jungle-related story instead of the corruption story?

Alternatively, check out the CityWorld world generator plugin. Corruption could be the blight of humanity against the forest, rather than the nether. CityWorld would be a separate world you could warp to with nether portals (admins would have to link them, which they already do for the nether anyways). It'd be much more of a challenge world, since tree spirits would have to terraform the landscape. Smile
Agnate
Agnate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down