TreeCrafters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Economy

5 posters

Go down

New Economy Empty New Economy

Post by Mailleweaver Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:25 pm

The new server's economy will be strictly barter. Players trade materials between themselves -- no money or trade signs to complicate things. And no special items or services are purchasable from admins.
For now, just trade with who you can reach, and use the spawn area as the central market (meaning, connect your roots to spawn). Eventually there will be a designated market area that's reachable via spawn.

(22 June, 2012) Edit: The market world is now open. Portal is in the spawn temple. You can trade for a few items in the admin store in the temple. There are stalls (striped tents) that are free to use, but an admin will have to give you ownership of it. You can also purchase a 15x15 plot for a shop if you want. Plot cost is [32 iron ingots] or [7 log stacks & 3 leaf stacks]. It's still a WIP, so there are only 2 plots available right now. Zcd and IImillzeyII got first pick of the other two since they and Hideyholeman helped build the market.
I'll post all the details in a new sticky and announcement soon.

Last edited by Mailleweaver on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:28 am; edited 2 times in total
Mailleweaver
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

New Economy Empty Re: New Economy

Post by Keyrath Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:57 pm

Maybe you or another admin could make a small, flat market area where everybody is allowed to roam freely and can build themselves a market stand to sell items. Something like that.
Keyrath
Keyrath

Back to top Go down

Post by Mailleweaver Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:11 pm

That will come later. It just isn't necessary to get the server started.
Mailleweaver
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyrath Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:22 pm

Yeah, just a suggestion though. Give the players some space and let them build the market themselves.

I love wandering around flea markets or medieval markets. Just because it looks cool, everybody has a different store.^^
Keyrath
Keyrath

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowKeeper1243 Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:25 am

I agree with Keyrath. With 1.2.6 or whatever Mojang calls it, I can use ice and snow to build myself a little barter igloo. Very Happy That'd be awesome.
ShadowKeeper1243
ShadowKeeper1243

http://www.wattpad.com/user/ShadowKeeper1243

Back to top Go down

Post by The Shadow Tue May 22, 2012 8:10 pm

I like the idea of a market but would it be all one giant tree? or would it be made of roots from lots of different trees?

If you designated an area for people to build a market in you could make a large fancy looking fountain.

The Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by IImillzeyII Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:45 am

well, ithink we should expand the market, adding a few small towns for people to own, maille can set price of town, people can lice in those towns, (towns r trees/ forest themed),

bu then to attract people to the server, we start a fire campaign, where we post the server address and details on websites =)

pls consider my idea =)
i look forward to playing with everyone XD

IImillzeyII

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down