TreeCrafters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The History of the Dragon Spirit

3 posters

Go down

The History of the Dragon Spirit Empty The History of the Dragon Spirit

Post by Tohclan Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:54 am

My lore has been passed down from spirit to spirit as a legend.
Once again the legend has reborn.
My Spirit burns with the pride and fierceness of the forest dragons.
The immortal elite.

The Many secrets have been hidden in myths about these spirits. They say that these spirits date back before the arrival of the mortal kind. They say that the spirits born into this clan were made as a solid being they had "bodies" instead of being spirits. They say that these spirits once became soothsayers and beings of importance in the culture of the mortals. They say that the mortals corrupted the spirits beings causing them to split into several factions. They say that the forest dragon god had to intervene to stop the spirits from fighting each other and becoming corrupt. They say after the forest dragon god had descended that the spirits were forced out of their "bodies" and became the spirits that we now know. Which of these myths are true, no one knows for sure anymore since all the decedents of the ancient race had disappeared a long time ago.

The story goes; An ancient tribe of spirits harnessing the souls of the forest dragons were founded in order to build nests for the births and deaths of said dragons. Their power for creation and destruction was incomparable. The clan was founded during the time of mortals. A time when the beginnings of creations were taking their first forms and steps. This clan was to govern peace for the newly emerging beings, the mortals. The forest dragon clan were an extremely peaceful clan, wishing for negotiations before battle, but when battle took place, they always emerged victorious. However, after some time passed, the mortals grew greedy. Seeking more power and control they attempted to control the clan. Many battles broke out, and many lives were lost. The clan leader was not happy of this, and recalled all spirits of the to a single area. The leader then channeled the power of the mighty forest dragon god, and created a barrier that only spirits could pass. This clan watched the mortals fight each other for control, wealth, glory, greed, and other evils for a very long time. Eventually the elders of the clan decided it was time to help restore the balance and remove the corruption so peace might once again be brought to the world. The leader agreed to do this on the condition that the spirits of the clan would disguise themselves as mortals and guide the mortals with their powers. The spirits who went dispersed themselves amongst the mortals. As discussions of peace were being negotiated, the mortals noticed that there were spirits amongst them, and once again tried to control them for power. Once again the spirits were recalled. This time, the clan's spirits, who were usually peaceful with each other, broke out into arguments. One spirit called for the clan to be hidden for eternity. Another pleaded for harmony of the mortals and spirits. Another wanted to destroy the mortals for their greed and evils. And one more rose up and said to continue attempting to intervene with peace between the mortals, but stay hidden. Arguments continued for eras, and eventually lead to the clan being split. The leader of the clan had no choice but to remove the privileges of the clan members who left. He summoned the forest dragon god for this task, and all the spirits who left the clan had their dragon souls removed, leaving them normal forest spirits. Due to the amount of energy required for the summon, the leader fell into a near eternal slumber, and the barrier protecting the forest dragon clan was dispelled. Many eras past leading up to today. The leader knows not what happened to the world while he was asleep, but continues his service to the world by removing corruption and re-balancing the world. A survivor of the ancient tribe has appeared, the leader Tohclan. From this day forward a new era shall begin! The era of the forest dragons shall rise to take presidency once again!

Our dragon god the, The Forest Dragon God - Ryūha-o, is a celestial dragon. The main purpose of the dragon was meant to protect the realm of the gods from the mortal realm. However, when chaos has consumed the world it will gracefully descend and end such misery in one fell swoop. It shall revive the forests and bless the land.

The clan, Forest Dragon's Spirit Clan, is named such because it is a clan of spirits that have absorbed the souls of fallen dragons in order to become stronger and grow radiantly healthier trees then normal spirits. The clan is known to take in lower class spirits and train them to join the clan. Only by performing the ritual under the Dragon God Spirit's supervision can one ascend to The Forest Dragon's Spirit Clan. There are those that are born naturally as clan members. Though rare, they are MUCH more powerful then an ascended spirit.

The Dragon God Spirit is the leader of The Forest Dragon's Spirit Clan. This spiritual being posses a manifesto of the dragon god Ryūha-o, and has connected directly to the dragon gods living soul. This spirit has incomprehensible power and has been around nearly as long as the dragon god itself. The name of this spirit is Tohclan - High Ruler of The Forest Dragon's Spirit Clan.

Our ranking system - **
Tohclan - High Ruler of The Forest Dragon's Spirit Clan.
^
|
4 Elders
^
|
4 High Council members
^
|
4 Squad Leaders
^
|
5 Grunts per squad, all Grunts are equals.

Grunts have no say in the actions of the clan. -> Squad leaders can request permission to perform operations (adding new grunts, attacking corruption, etc.) from the High Council. -> The High Council can make decisions for the better of the clan, however the Elders can overrule their decisions. And the leader overrules all. The council votes of decisions between themselves by using the majority rule. And the same with the elders.
Example, squad a requests that they get 2 more grunts. 3 High council members approve, and 1 disapprove. The request is now accepted and squad a gets a grunt limit increase from 5 - 7. However if the Elders vote on this, and the elders vote 3 no and 1 yes. The action is declined and the squad limit stays 5.
If the high council comes to an equal amount of no's to yes's then the decision is pushed to the elders, if the elders get put to equal votes, then the decision is given to the leader.
If the council members are unable to meet within a day of the request, then its bumped to the elders. If the elders can't meet within 2 days, then it's bumped to the leader.
Under no circumstances can the clan vote for a new leader. The leader has the blessing of The Forest Dragon God and has immeasurable power.
This is all in order to keep a healthy balance and order to the clan.

**In the beginning we will fill the elder spots, then council, then 1 squad. When 1 squad is fill we'll promote a very active member of the first squad to lead the second, then second to third and third to forth. Quite a lot of members yes, so I don't see it happening. If we do fill, we can always increase the size of the squads.

*More info and lore to come*

Last edited by Tohclan on Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:39 pm; edited 6 times in total
Tohclan
Tohclan

http://www.dragoncraft.ca

Back to top Go down

The History of the Dragon Spirit Empty Re: The History of the Dragon Spirit

Post by Tohclan Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:54 am

Journal Entries!

The Journal of the Reincarnate Forest Dragon God Spirit.

Day 1.

I've awaken from my slumber after eons of rest. One thing comes to mind as a focus myself into existence. "This world is becoming unbalanced once again." I say aloud and to myself as I look over the horizon. For the sake of the world and the pride of the forest protectors, The Forest Dragon's Spirit Clan, I must cleanse the corruption from the world. Looking into the distance I notice something. The world has changed since my last awakening. I no longer feel the souls of my brethren. I no longer am able to sense the distinct souls of The Forest Dragon's Spirit Clan, nor the dragons we were created to protect. I've awaken alone, but I shall not waver. I must be strong in order to keep the world at peace. I will find new spirits to take on the souls of the forest dragons. New spirits to become my strong comrades. New spirits to bring peace to the world and right the wrong that has come. Once again my clan shall rise to power in this new age. The Forest Dragon's Spirit Clan can not be crushed! We will rise once more, for the souls of the dragons will not burn out.

Before I recruit new comrades, I must settle a new nest for the forest dragon god. As I'm thinking this, I notice a small lone tree in the distance on the top of a hill. I notice the immense aura the tree has an immediately make my way to in.

Upon arrival to this tree I feel my power greatly increase. "This is it!" I shout. "You, my small tree, will become the nest of The Forest Dragon God - Ryūha-o." Power surges within and I concentrate it within my spectral fist. "HEEE YYYAAAAAAAHHHH!" I scream as I knock down the entire tree with my bare knuckles, leaving only the root system intact. As I clasp my hands and bow, I say, "This stump shall become the heart of my clans power. I shall protect it until death." Picking the seeds from the fallen tree, I quickly plant them while blessing them with speedy growth. Within a few years, this stump, this tree, this hill, shall become the stronghold of the mighty Forest Dragon's Spirit Clan.

Day 1 End.

Day 2.

I spent the entire night awake. I could not sleep for fear that my tree's unprotected children (saplings) would perish to some evil. Several of my tree's children grew by noon and, though it saddened me, I immediately knocked them down to harvest the wood required for carving the tools I need. I made a workbench to skillfully dedicate myself to the crafting art. I made some basic wooden tools for the time being. During the time I was occupied, several more of my tree's children grew, and again I harvested their wood.

Knowing I needed better tools, I decided it was time to venture into the unknown earth. I guided the roots of my tree downward through the soft soil and reached hard stone. Continuing down proved to be a chore, but a chore not without reward. I had collected a few ores and some coal. Although coal would seem to be dangerous as my surroundings are wood, the light was required to keep evil at bay. Again I continue downward....

Returning to the surface with my treasures, I noticed I had quite a few of items. I decided I would start the construction of the nest at this time. I crafted a furnace of stone in order to smelt the ores I had gained. I created torches to keep the evil away. And finally, I created the base stump of the nest to surround and protect the "Heart of the Oak".

Day 2 End.

Day 12.

Waking up from a peaceful slumber I noticed some evils had started to hang around after sunrise. The nest I am building and the energies flowing into this area must be attracting them. I head over to my work bench and smith a sword and a set of armor, to better protect my tree, from the ores I smelted yesterday. I head outside to rid the area of evil...

After an exhausting battle with some of the monsters, I noticed a few craters had been left behind, one was seemingly too close to the heart to allow anymore faults. I decided it was time to construct further facilities in my tree.

I dug deeper eventually reaching the dreadful lava pools of the deep earth. Luckily I had brought buckets of water with me, so I was safe from fire. After what seemed like days of searching through this ginormous cave, I've finally found the best material, diamonds. I decided that this was a good a time as any to head back up.

I created an enchantment table, the book and runes filling the table were of the ancient tongue, a language used when the Ents were still among us. I could no longer understand the words, but the power the I can feel near it is simply spectacular.

After the enchantment room was complete, I made an alchemy room. Oh how I love the smell of ingredients mixing together, brewing the unknown.

I then made a portal frame to the evil's lair, but I dare not light it or it could be an early end to my new life.

To finish the day, I made a pathway to the "Grove" a place where us spirit brethren gather to gossip and trade.

Day 12 End.

Day 22.

I found a teleporter of some sorts in my cave. I've extended the roots and made a trap from it. This will provide me with necessary ingredients to continue my fight.

I hope my clan brethren will return soon.

My tree is coming along nicely. It has a several branches and is quite tall. I must hurry and complete the tree before the forest dragon god returns. It will most definitely want to sleep in a nest, and it is returning from scouting at the source of the corruption.

Not much else will happen today, as I have to spend all my time growing my tree into a magnificent nest.

Day 22 End.

Last edited by Tohclan on Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:51 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Update)
Tohclan
Tohclan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tohclan Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:41 am

Posting Section reserved for more entries if the other maxes out.
Tohclan
Tohclan

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherstiffler Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:20 am

Fantastic. Can't wait to see how your story grows, and I hope that other players will join your clan. Would make for a very interesting dynamic storyline for the world.

I will mention, so that your story is not later affected. I am writing a Lore for the server that includes the death of most mortal races. A world once dominated by men, dwarves, elves and other beings has indeed become unbalanced and destroyed. Just keep that in mind while you write.
anotherstiffler
anotherstiffler
Admin
Admin

http://treecrafters.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tohclan Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:08 pm

Glad you liked it, and thanks for the heads up. I'll keep that in mind. I hope my clan grows also. It would definitely make for an exciting storyline in the world. Just hope people also choose corruption and to make their own clans or solo rather then flock to me. =P

I also hope craftbukkit and essential plugins to run your server get updated soon so I can start working on my Yggdrasil.
Tohclan
Tohclan

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherstiffler Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:14 pm

I just installed Bukkit and a bunch of plugins last night. Everything seems to be working smoothly.

Keep working on your story, and we'll let people know about your clan. Smile
anotherstiffler
anotherstiffler
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherstiffler Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:36 am

Are you going to want/need a region specifically designed for your clanspeople?
anotherstiffler
anotherstiffler
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tohclan Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:23 am

Hmmm. I think that might be a good idea. Not sure about a design though. Might be best just to have my clanspeople come off into the distance with me further away then normal, and hope not too many random people show up to build their trees out there. I'll just give my coords to people who want to join me and they can choose a place near there to set up their tree.

However, I did want to get a decent sized/looking tree up before clanspeople started joining. But I'll have to wait till you put up the real map. I'll just log in as soon as its up and spend a good real day or 2 straight putting it together.
Tohclan
Tohclan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tohclan Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:08 pm

Journal update! =D
Tohclan
Tohclan

Back to top Go down

Post by Agnate Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:32 am

Are members of your clan required to be close by? Definitely liking the sounds of Forest Dragon's Spirit Clan, and would like to join, assuming proximity is not an issue. Smile

I'm currently located fairly close to the Grove.
Agnate
Agnate

Back to top Go down

Post by Tohclan Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:49 am

Proximity is not an issue. My clan will, however, have to switch to the corruption side when it is released, and members are allowed to move there.
Tohclan
Tohclan

Back to top Go down

Post by Agnate Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:03 am

Sounds intriguing! Very Happy
Agnate
Agnate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content