TreeCrafters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Beginning ( The Tale of Swimr16, a Druid)

2 posters

Go down

A New Beginning ( The Tale of Swimr16, a Druid) Empty A New Beginning ( The Tale of Swimr16, a Druid)

Post by . Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:15 pm

My name is Swimr16. I am a Druid, or a tree spirit. I recently awoke to find myself alone and stranded in an unknown place. This is what I remember.

Before the incident, I was living amongst a forest of Druids. There were many of us, at least 80, all living in harmony. Our forest community was centered in the middle of a large plain, with a village of testificates living not too far in the southern area. Our relationship was a harmonious one, we supplied them with wood, and they provided us with the knowledge of crafting, smelting, mining, and many more wonderful abilities. They also promised to always replant a sapling from our leaves, do we would always be born again.

There was one skill that the testificates nor us had accomplished, and that was swordsmanship. Many creatures, unkind beings, roamed our forest at night. Over the ages, we Druids had leaned to avoid these beasts. However, the testificates were more, noticeable, than my kind. The creatures we dubbed "zombies" had quite a fascination for the testificates, and small bands would often raid their village at dusk. They told us stories of the constant banging, moaning, and groaning of the beasts throughout the night.

One evening, a testificate came in to our forest to collect some wood for his new house. He had just reached manhood, and I agreed to let him chop me down. I explained to him the importance of replanting my sapling, and how it would result in my death if he failed to do so. He seemed trustworthy.

He had obviously not been exposed to much manual labor in his childhood, for it took him hours to chop my trunk. The moon was rising when he finally finished. I told him to rush home, and that he can replant my sapling in the morning, for I was sure I could last until then. He thanked me for my generosity and sped off on the direction of his village.

About an hour later, I started hearing terrifying shrieks in the distance, followed by the collective groans of what sounded like a swarm of zombies. Word traveled like wind through the leaves in our forest, and by morning I heard news that the entire village burned to the ground after a horrific zombie mob overwhelmed the testificates. No survivors were known to make it out.

So there I was, a dying tree with no sapling to plant. None of us could extend roots into the village since it was still a fiery mess, and my sapling was probably already burned anyway. Within the next few days I knew I would decay and be gone forever.

The whole forest was in deep distress. They tried replanting logs, giving me extra water, but to no avail. I knew I was doomed. I remember those last few days, reminiscing over memories with my brothers and sisters. I will never forget them.

Soon the pain was completely unbearable. I could feel the fungi and insects tearing apart my body piece by piece. I eventually blacked out.

The next thing I know, I've awoken in a frozen wasteland. I'm nestled under a cliff along with probably the only pond not frozen for miles. The only possible thing I can come up with is my sapling must've been carried here on the wind, away from the corpse of the young testificate. This must be a gift from Terrae. She has given me a second chance to regrow and begin anew.

The environment here is unforgiving, with constant snow storms and freezing temperatures. I have no clue how I shall survive. There are also tribes of fierce snow spirits in the area, who pay me no kindness for intruding on their land. However, I must find a way to survive and prosper, maybe even find other Druids in the area, if that's even possible. I will keep this diary as a reminder of my progress, and a mental to note to never give up.

Terrae "cubeaism god"

Last edited by Swimr16 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

A New Beginning ( The Tale of Swimr16, a Druid) Empty Re: A New Beginning ( The Tale of Swimr16, a Druid)

Post by . Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:31 pm

Please let me know what u think. I've never really written anything like this and I want your honest opinions. I don't mind u telling me it's bad, just tell me in a nice way please. I might have made it a bit too grim Neutral

Back to top Go down

A New Beginning ( The Tale of Swimr16, a Druid) Empty Re: A New Beginning ( The Tale of Swimr16, a Druid)

Post by . Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:45 pm

I added a link to the cubeaism page on the minecraft forums. Terrae might fit in nicely with this server.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kakuloo Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:55 am

I really like it! =D I particularly like your past lore. =3 Keep it up!
Kakuloo
Kakuloo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down