TreeCrafters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application

5 posters

Go down

Application  Empty Application

Post by Apiary Mon May 05, 2014 2:47 pm

1} What is your in-game name? Apiary
2} Do you promise to follow the Server Rules? Yes.
3} Have you read through The Tree Spirit Challenge? Yes, I have also done the challenge multiple times before.
4} Have you ever been banned from another server? And if so, Why? No.

Thanks,

-Apiary

[EDIT] Tree Breed: Oak. Coordinates: x: 96 z: 540. That is co-ordinades to the centre of a lake, where I plan on creating a giant spawling oak tree. If it is too close to spawn then I have other lakes, but I figured close to spawn is good, while not being intrusively close. If a small dirt platform could be made at water level that would be perfect. Obviously I need room to grow more trees at the start without destroying my heart log, so a 3x3 platform is the minimum. It would also be greatly appreciated if it could be a larger tree to start with. If anyone needs help forcing the tree to be a large one I know how to do it first time, so just ask me to come online.

Side note: I chose water as I feel giant roots coming out of a lake would look pretty cool.

Was too close to spawn.
New Coords: x1178 z2743 Oak Tree. Althing was kind enough to grow me a tree.

Also, another query. I have a close friend who is currently busy with exams, but may be able to come online with me at random times. I'd like to share a tree with them. We skype daily and are good friends, so bickering isn't an issue. Her IGN is 'borrowers'. I'd be grateful if this could be considered a double application.

Last edited by Apiary on Tue May 06, 2014 2:04 pm; edited 5 times in total

Apiary

Back to top Go down

Application  Empty Re: Application

Post by Blazinfox555 Mon May 05, 2014 5:51 pm

*EDIT* Added to whitelist

I will whitelist you in a couple of hours. Cannot get on atm. If another admin becomes available before then they should be able to whitelist you onto the server.

Just a reminder, you'll have to download the Feed the Beast launcher here: http://feed-the-beast.com/
We are currently using FTB: Unhinged and the specifics about what mods you will need to enable/disable can be found here: https://treecrafters.forumotion.com/n568-server-updated-ftb-unhinged-v110

When you get on the server you can look around for a place to grow your tree. Because we are using FTB, you are allowed to choose a basic tree other than just the vanilla ones. Once you've decided on your tree and where you want to grow it post the species and location here: https://treecrafters.forumotion.com/t527-tree-register

I should be able to help you find a tree by the end of this week. If one of the other admins are available and I am not I am sure they will be willing to help you out too. Though it all depends on what's happening irl. Hope to see you on the server soon.
Blazinfox555
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

http://elephantfreak.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Althing Mon May 05, 2014 8:55 pm

Welcome to Treecrafters!

I look forward to meeting you in-game!
Althing
Althing

Back to top Go down

Post by Apiary Mon May 05, 2014 9:01 pm

Thanks. There's no rush to whitelist, I'm from the UK so its 3am right now. Thanks for the offer about helping to search. I like to find the perfect location before settling down, so I think I'll spend a few days scoping out potential spots.

Thanks,
- Apiary

Apiary

Back to top Go down

Post by Apiary Mon May 05, 2014 9:03 pm

It seems I cannot edit my post on mobile. What exactly defines a 'basic' tree? Anything that is naturally spawning in the world without having to delve into tree breeding?

Apiary

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazinfox555 Mon May 05, 2014 9:38 pm

Yes, essentially.
Blazinfox555
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mailleweaver Mon May 05, 2014 10:18 pm

Welcome to Treecrafters Smile We're a small group these days and new voices are much welcomed. Feel free to look around all you want and to ask for help finding specific biomes or whatever if you have something in mind. A couple of us have JourneyMap installed, so we have an easier time finding things than you might just wandering around. You can use the /fly command to get around easier while you're in limbo, and the /top and /spawn commands if you get lost.

2x2 jungle trees are okay, too, since regular ones on average don't drop enough saplings to sustain farming. No gigantic twilight forest trees or bred ones.
You can breed into the forestry stuff if you pick a vanilla tree to start with. I think I went into a bit of detail about that in one of the recent announcements. Not sure if it was for Unhinged, though. I'll find it for you. (Edit: Here it is, buried in a discussion about modpacks. Later I'll copy it into the challenge rules or something so it's easier to find.)

And don't worry about double posts here. There aren't enough of us for it to really matter in general discussion. We're generally pretty well laid back around here. I do a lot of editing of my own posts to fix typos, make things more clear, and to keep things tidy, but that's because much of what I post is reference material.

Above all, have fun and make friends. The tree spirit challenge seems to attract the most good-hearted people. Very Happy
Mailleweaver
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by grillo126 Tue May 06, 2014 8:42 am

Welcome Apiary !

grillo126

Back to top Go down

Post by Apiary Tue May 06, 2014 1:00 pm

Thanks all, updated post with Sapling type and co-ordinates.

Was too close to spawn.
New Coords: x1178 z2743 Oak Tree. Althing was kind enough to grow me a tree.

Also, another query. I have a close friend who is currently busy with exams, but may be able to come online with me at random times. I'd like to share a tree with them. We skype daily and are good friends, so bickering isn't an issue. Her IGN is 'borrowers'. I'd be grateful if this could be considered a double application.

Apiary

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazinfox555 Tue May 06, 2014 8:02 pm

ACK!!! *hates when she clicks the 'x' accidentally*

If the IGN you gave us is correct she has been added to the whitelist.

Okay, so yes she can join you in making your tree.  It would be best if she would also make an account on the forums here so that if we need to get in contact with her and vice versa we will be able to.
Blazinfox555
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Apiary Wed May 07, 2014 1:24 pm

Ok great, thanks. I'll send her the forum link on skype. I assume she'll be in limbo, so I'll get her to fly over to my coords and once she's at the tree she can inform someone to get de-limbo'd.

Thanks.

Apiary

Back to top Go down

Post by Apiary Wed May 07, 2014 4:12 pm

Ok, borrowers has logged on and come to our tree. She just needs de-limbo'ing and I presume she'll need access to the base (if there's an anti-grief plugin of some sort).

Thanks.

Apiary

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazinfox555 Wed May 07, 2014 9:36 pm

de-limbo'd just though I should mention that.
Blazinfox555
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Apiary Thu May 08, 2014 3:42 am

Ok, thanks for your help. I hope to see you on the server at some point.

- Apiary

Apiary

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazinfox555 Fri May 09, 2014 10:37 am

What time do you two usually get on? I would also like to know the time zone.
Blazinfox555
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Apiary Fri May 16, 2014 11:46 am

We're GMT, and come online in the evenings. Although the past week has been pretty busy school wise, so neither of us have been online much. I pop on now and then if I get time, but at the moment its a little spontaneous as to when I'm online

Apiary

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down