TreeCrafters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Server down. Indefinitely?

+8
Lady_Dust_Bunny
Rysiion
2012Dead
Oceanous
grillo126
Keyrath
FumblerX
Mailleweaver
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Which map would you prefer on a new server?

Server down. Indefinitely? - Page 2 Vote_lcap100%Server down. Indefinitely? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 14 ]
Server down. Indefinitely? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Server down. Indefinitely? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 14

Server down. Indefinitely? - Page 2 Empty Server down. Indefinitely?

Post by Mailleweaver Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:32 am

First topic message reminder :

Hmmm. Interesting. It's been quite a long time. Even Stiffler's Kerplunc (the hosting site) account seems to be closed. I don't know if he's going to get this server back up.
I may set up a server myself, but it'd be a few days. I'd have to decide on a host, pick which plugins to use, and then find the time to set it all up. Luckily my school is ending a semester right now, so I'll have a few days downtime from that after finals are through. All I'll have to work around is my full-time job.
So, if I do set up my own server, would you guys want a new map or one from a backup of this one made on Feb 10? (I kind of lean toward a new map, myself.)
If you want a new map, I can probably upload the Feb 10 map somewhere for you guys to download if you want. That way you can wander around freely and see what everyone built. It's rather large, though (644MB).
I'm not even sure that I'd be a good owner, myself. I've been drifting away from this server lately. pale
Let me know what you guys think about all this.

Edit:
Here are links to the world files. Hopefully they work for you.There are a few Easter Eggs in the world, too. I'll list a few for you. Very Happy
  • Underdark: -991,-837 (Completely artificial -- the work of a Dragon.)
  • Volcano: 7433, -4911 (Found spawned naturally by me, but "enhanced" a bit by Syhd.)
  • Admin bottom-of-the-world Graffiti: 8010, -4902 (You can't see this one without flying below bedrock. I found a hole in the bedrock, and Syhd and I decided to decorate it a bit. Cool Wahya_Spirit joined in the fun a few days later. The easiest way to get to it is to fly down through the volcano and then go due east.)
  • There's also a huge underground room east of Syhd and Alkaro's trees, but it's completely empty.
And don't forget to check out everyone's trees! There are some really good ones out there.

Last edited by Mailleweaver on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
Mailleweaver
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Server down. Indefinitely? - Page 2 Empty Re: Server down. Indefinitely?

Post by Mailleweaver Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:48 pm

I'm using minecraftserverhost.net. I'm not in love with it, so we can move later if we need to. It seems a good starting point, though.
I this case, I'll keep this forum and the TreeCrafters brand instead of starting completely from scratch. It will save us all the trouble of having to migrate to another forum again. I'll just rearrange things here.
Mailleweaver
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyrath Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:25 pm

It seems like 1.2 has some issues with online servers. Just tested 1.2 on my own little server, which i host on my own computer. More times than not, regions were loaded only halfway. Many trees had no leaves or just weren't visible at all.

Also, it seems that the requirements have increased considerably. Before, I could run the server without any problems with 3 friends which play on it with me. Now, with 1.2 even one sometimes crashes the server...

Dunno what the problem is, maybe the RAM cache is to small, after i increased the RAM the server is allowed to use to 1 GB it didn't crash that often.
Keyrath
Keyrath

Back to top Go down

Post by Mailleweaver Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:28 pm

I haven't seen any crashes, yet. Even working with dev builds of everything.
I did have a couple strips of trees that didn't render when I was exploring new chunks, but I think it was just a client issue. Their collision boxes were still there, so I couldn't fly/walk through them even though they were invisible.
Granted, I have just been doing things alone so far.
Mailleweaver
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oceanous Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:27 am

Both signs competed~

Oceanous
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mailleweaver Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:55 pm

I went wandering out across the ocean for an hour or so just to have something to do that was less mind-numbing than setting up permissions, and I found something that some of you might be glad to hear of. Two large mushroom biomes, complete with huge herds of mooshrooms. They are very far from spawn, though.
Mailleweaver
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady_Dust_Bunny Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:13 pm

Mailleweaver wrote:I went wandering out across the ocean for an hour or so just to have something to do that was less mind-numbing than setting up permissions, and I found something that some of you might be glad to hear of. Two large mushroom biomes, complete with huge herds of mooshrooms. They are very far from spawn, though.
That's great news! I want to have a entire shroom biome to myself though. I don't want to share...
Lady_Dust_Bunny
Lady_Dust_Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by wahya_spirit Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:05 am

Lord_Dust_Bunny wrote:
Mailleweaver wrote:I went wandering out across the ocean for an hour or so just to have something to do that was less mind-numbing than setting up permissions, and I found something that some of you might be glad to hear of. Two large mushroom biomes, complete with huge herds of mooshrooms. They are very far from spawn, though.
That's great news! I want to have a entire shroom biome to myself though. I don't want to share...

hey now >.> you have to leave some for me bounce

wahya_spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Rysiion Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:16 am

Have you seen any jungle biomes yet?
Rysiion
Rysiion

Back to top Go down

Post by FumblerX Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:56 am

Mailleweaver wrote:I'm using minecraftserverhost.net. I'm not in love with it, so we can move later if we need to. It seems a good starting point, though.
When or if you think about moving take a look at this site
http://www.bestminecrafthosts.com a site that rates minecraft hosting servers
BebopVox just talked about it on the Minecraft mondayshow
FumblerX
FumblerX

Back to top Go down

Post by Syhd Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:07 pm

hideyholeman wrote:Have you seen any jungle biomes yet?

Short answer: yes xD Plenty of jungle to pick from.
Syhd
Syhd
Admin
Admin

http://dyhstopia.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady_Dust_Bunny Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:21 pm

Can you put up a test version of the new server soon? You could save the current generated server map parts, start a new one, and test things there. Then when you have all the bugs ironed out (or at least weakened), you could remove the test world and put the generated world with shrooms and jungles.
Lady_Dust_Bunny
Lady_Dust_Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Rysiion Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:01 pm

Syhd wrote:
hideyholeman wrote:Have you seen any jungle biomes yet?

Short answer: yes xD Plenty of jungle to pick from.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
GLORIOUS DAY!!!!
Rysiion
Rysiion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rysiion Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:43 pm

Hey Maille? How close are you to opening the server? bounce I am so excited!!
Rysiion
Rysiion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mailleweaver Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:09 pm

Pretty close. I just need to nerf mcMMO, pick one other plugin, and rearrange the forums. If all goes well, I'll open it tomorrow.
Mailleweaver
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rysiion Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:26 pm

Mailleweaver wrote:Pretty close. I just need to nerf mcMMO, pick one other plugin, and rearrange the forums. If all goes well, I'll open it tomorrow.

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
I can't wait!!!! Very Happy
Rysiion
Rysiion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady_Dust_Bunny Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:29 pm

What things are being nerfed?
Lady_Dust_Bunny
Lady_Dust_Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Mailleweaver Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:06 pm

• Some things have been removed from drop tables (ingots, diamonds, diamond items, netherrack, soulsand, clock, cake, gunpowder, and maybe some others).
  • Glowstone dust doesn't drop from dirt until level 100 excavation (default is level 25).
  • Chimaera Wing is disabled.
  • Special abilities are disabled. -- I'm not sure how extensive this particular setting is. The documentation isn't very helpful, and I haven't had time for testing. We'll just see as we go along.
Mailleweaver
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyrath Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:19 pm

I hope that woodcutting skill is still active. Would make it a lot less stressing to cut down all the trees.^^
Keyrath
Keyrath

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady_Dust_Bunny Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:13 pm

Never knew there was a Chimaere Wing, and the special abilities, in order, are as follows.

Mega Drill Breaker(Excavation):Speeds up mine time for a very short while, uses up 3x normal tool durability, chance of triple drops.

Tree Feller(Woodcutting):Speeds up mine time, 3x tool use, chance of 3x drops, and destroys most leaves and logs right around the block.

Green Terra(Herbalism):3x tool use, chance of 3x drops, higher chance of green thumb activating.
Green Thumb(Herbalism): When right clicking with seeds chance based on level for cobble to go mossy, stone bricks to go mossy, and dirt to grow grassy.

Super Breaker(Mining): Same as all other basically, 3x tool usage, lots faster mine speed, chance of 3x drops.

Treasure Hunter(Fishing): This is passive, just makes chances of treasures appearing. Until you get level 600, you don't get that good items.

Call of the Wild(Taming): Requires 10 bones, right clicking summons one wild wolf. Won't summon any if there's any wolves nearby.

Serrated Strikes(Swords):3x tool use, applies a bleeding damage of effect to enemies nearby. The bleeding lasts 5 ticks.

Skull Splitter(Axes):3x tool use, does damage to all enemies nearby.

Archery: Daze:Makes players look straight up or down.
Ignition: Sets the target on fire, lasting for around 1 second.
Arrow Retriavel: Lets you pick up arrows off of corpses.

Berserk(Unarmed):Lets you mine weak materials really fast, lets you do 50% more damage for a short while.

Repair: Let's you repair items. At rank 50 you can repair diamond. Until high ranks you can't repair enchnated usually.

Acrobatics: Rolls. Just decrease damage and make you ahve a chance to dodge attacks.

Hope this wall of text helps! Or you could go to the wiki at this link:http://mcmmo.wikia.com/wiki/McMMO_Wiki
Lady_Dust_Bunny
Lady_Dust_Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2