TreeCrafters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need help b4: Not anymore

3 posters

Go down

Need help b4: Not anymore Empty Need help b4: Not anymore

Post by Althing Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:09 pm

Nerver mind. I freed myself….

I'm in some big Big BIG trouble.

I am stuck in "The Promised Land"
(and it's very small)

Okay first I'll tell you what happened, and then I'll tell you how to free me.

Mistake #1:
I made an Ender portal

Mistake #2:
I used it

Mistake #3:
I didn't bring any saplings with me (doh!)

Unavoidable mistake #4:
My Nether portal linked with someone elses.
Leaving me stranded. The portal took me back to the wrong Overworld portal.
So I was 1km from home

BIG mistake #5:
I went back to the nether to explore and find a shortcut home
(I was unavoidably cut off from my tree anyway)

BIGGER mistake #6:
I got lost.

Even Bigger mistake #7:
I found another Nether portal by the same person who created the first one (all linked by Force and Oak wood)
It lead to another Overworld location, one they apparently hardly had time to flesh out.
I went back to the nether

Bigger yet mistake #8:
I went back to the nether because on the Nether side of the Portal, was a Mystcraft book.
Need help b4: Not anymore 2013-141
I used it.
And ended up at their home tree!
I like it (and I didn't steal anything)
Screenshot below:
Need help b4: Not anymore 2013-140
But Now I'm so far from home my Waypoints won't even tell me the distance.

My Fatal mistake:
There were 3 Mystcraft books in front of the Tree. I used the one called "The Promised Land"
I thought It might be A) a cool place to see B) Closer to home C) Possibly even the spawn
It was actually A) Not the overworld B) A very small Mystcraft world C) Without any means to return

I am familiar with the Mystraft mod. It's one of my favourite mods. I've made dozens of worlds in both writing systems.
So I know enough that when you die in a Mystcraft world you just spawn somewhere inside that world. Death does not return you to the Overworld.
(It just deprives you of your stuff)

=-=-=- The Solution -=-=-=

I need a linking book!!
I need the worlds creator, an Admin or a charitable/adventurous person to come and save me!

Heres how to find me:
The COORDs of that Mystcraft book are about: x:606,z:1954,y:72
(My waypoints aren't accessible to me in-game anymore (I've left the known universe). I had to dig into my Minecraft folder to find the coords)

All you have to do is go through the Mystcraft book "The promised Land" and leave a simple linking book to the Overworld on the other side.
(At this point It can lead anywhere and I would take it.)
We don't have be online at the same time for this to work.

I knew I shouldn't have used a Mystcraft book without a linking book. But I saw nothing that suggested concern for intruders, so i didn't expect a Prison book.
If this was single player I could use "/tpx 0 command" to spawn randomly back in the overworld.
But I "don't have permission" to use that..

I'm an idiot…

I'm an idiot… (worth repeating)

-=-=-=-=-
The Promised land:
Need help b4: Not anymore 2013-125

The Edge of the world:
Need help b4: Not anymore 2013-126

Need help b4: Not anymore 2013-127
Althing
Althing

Back to top Go down

Need help b4: Not anymore Empty Re: Need help b4: Not anymore

Post by Althing Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:21 pm

I'm leaving this topic up so I remember to never leave home unprepared. Plus you can rebuke me with it if I get uppity in anyway Razz

How I escaped:

I've played Skyblock before, so a small floating island in the middle of void wasn't new to me.
After being assured that my message in a bottle was safely away, I proceeded to switch to survival mode.

I took stock of my supplies, and noticed I had 2 spruce saplings a bucket of water, and..
Need help b4: Not anymore 2013-128

I built a water ladder skyblock style (and planted my 1 wheat seed):
Need help b4: Not anymore 2013-142

I emptied my inventory into a chest, just in case and descended:
Need help b4: Not anymore 2013-129

I was pleasantly surprised to find land below:
Need help b4: Not anymore 2013-143

When I reach the bottom I had to fight some 3rd Party Slimes bare handed. As I did so I notice the ground was exceedingly fragile, and holes started opening up.
It was like fighting slimes in a wheat field, and it's the wheat holding you up, not dirt.
Need help b4: Not anymore 2013-144

The white ground is made of "Cloud Blocks"
I've never heard of Cloud blocks in a mystcraft world.
Now I'm growing suspicious.

I went back up, either there is a hidden book in the center of the spawn island, or I can safely kill myself and go home.
I tried breaking the transparent thing in the middle of the isalnd (I was going to fix it)
Need help b4: Not anymore 2013-130
It wouldn't break and I slipped and touched it.
Need help b4: Not anymore 2013-131
Turns out it was a portal all along. Go figure…
Now I have access to the overworld again.

I cleaned up my mess, it looks the same as I found it.
Althing
Althing

Back to top Go down

Post by Oceanous Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:30 pm

The Promised Land is actually another dimension (like the end, the nether, or the Twilight Forest) added by one of the biome mods (Biomes O' Plenty). The owner of the tree was probably grillo. It's an end-game dimension requiring all 6 BOP ores and a nether star to access. If you had fallen off, I'm pretty sure you would have returned to somewhere in the overworld, though at max building height level.

Oceanous
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady_Dust_Bunny Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:39 pm

Oceanous wrote:The Promised Land is actually another dimension (like the end, the nether, or the Twilight Forest) added by one of the biome mods (Biomes O' Plenty). The owner of the tree was probably grillo. It's an end-game dimension requiring all 6 BOP ores and a nether star to access. If you had fallen off, I'm pretty sure you would have returned to somewhere in the overworld, though at max building height level.
Honestly, you only need (unless this bug was fixed, which it might not have been), one single piece of the staff, ~16 or so levels, and an uncrafting table. If it wasn't fixed, any part of the staff uncrafts into the three parts of the staff instead of the actual respective parts.
Lady_Dust_Bunny
Lady_Dust_Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum