TreeCrafters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Challenge #2 - Watch That Tower!

+8
Oceanous
Syhd
Mailleweaver
jbot87
Tohclan
wahya_spirit
Oiuuy
anotherstiffler
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Challenge #2 - Watch That Tower! - Page 2 Empty Challenge #2 - Watch That Tower!

Post by anotherstiffler Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:20 am

First topic message reminder :

Challenge #2 - Watch That Tower! - Page 2 2011-12-12_06.17.23

Our first TreeCrafters challenge is over, and now it's time for #2. This time, we'd like to see what you can do in-game. Your task is to build a watchtower that will sit along our Southern Wall (separating our world from the Corruption). Currently, the wall looks like this:

Challenge #2 - Watch That Tower! - Page 2 2011-12-12_06.04.32

Challenge #2 - Watch That Tower! - Page 2 2011-12-12_06.05.27

The wall is 12 blocks wide with a walking path made of stone slabs.

The winner's Watchtower will serve as a home for those defending against the Corruption in the future, and will act as landmarks for players who are travelling through the area. It will be copied multiple times and pasted throughout the wall as needed, though it will not be so often as to dampen the effect of having found a watch tower (they will also serve as landmarks noted in our server lore).

The Prize:
There will only be one winner for this challenge, but the prize is still pretty outstanding.

- Free Market Shop for 1 month to buy/sell/trade items
- Your work prominently displayed near key locations around the world
- Listed as a Challenge Winner on our winner's wall both in the game and in the forums
- $250 in-game cash
- Large chest of tools and building materials

Where can I build?

Since you will still need to follow the main Challenge Rules while working on this mini-challenge, you may find it difficult to find a spot to build your tower concept for us to see. Whatever you decide, you may build your tower either near your own tree, or extend a root far out into the wilderness (away from other player's trees) to build your tower there. You will also need to use your own supplies, so keep that in mind while you travel.

If you do decide to build your tower away from your tree, let an admin know so that we can give you zone protection there. We don't want anyone to get any nasty ideas about destroying your hard work.

How will they be judged?

You will have 1 week (until Monday , December 19th) to get your towers ready for review. Leave a comment here with coordinates to your tower and a screenshot so that an admin can swing by to check it out. At the end of the week, we'll look at all of the entries and pick the best ones!

Good luck!
anotherstiffler
anotherstiffler
Admin
Admin

http://treecrafters.com/

Back to top Go down

Challenge #2 - Watch That Tower! - Page 2 Empty Re: Challenge #2 - Watch That Tower!

Post by Oceanous Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:32 pm

This is my tower, copied/pasted onto a wall section.
Challenge #2 - Watch That Tower! - Page 2 2011-110

Oceanous
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Challenge #2 - Watch That Tower! - Page 2 Empty Re: Challenge #2 - Watch That Tower!

Post by Luxzhv Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:14 pm

Holy crabs thats a huge tower!?!?!?!

Luxzhv

Back to top Go down

Post by Rysiion Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:06 pm

Wow! Agnate! That is amazing!!! I love your building style!
Rysiion
Rysiion

Back to top Go down

Post by grillo126 Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:52 am

I remind this tower. Unfortunately i couldnt enter it for some dark reasons and was able to only stare at it from below/far, but it was my first OMG O_O on this server.
Really nice work, worth the delay :p

however : what is the purpose of this flat square of stone on your tower's side ?

grillo126

Back to top Go down

Post by Rysiion Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:13 am

The flat square stone part is a copy/pasted section of the corruption wall.
Rysiion
Rysiion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agnate Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:11 am

Yeah, the tower was originally built to be incorporated into the giant wall, but I believe that wall has since been removed from the world.
Agnate
Agnate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2