TreeCrafters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leaf 'n' Logistics bug reports and balance tuning

+4
Blazinfox555
Althing
xkea
Coffeetailor
8 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Leaf 'n' Logistics bug reports and balance tuning - Page 3 Empty Leaf 'n' Logistics bug reports and balance tuning

Post by grillo126 Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

[edited the music hype for visibility]

As for the modpack : it feels really really REALLY REALLY overloaded to me.

• My computer's memory (8Go) gets loaded pretty fast.
  • There is a LOT of errors that occurs in the loading and then when playing
  • a LOT of objects that require calculations (cpu usage super high)
  • sometimes hangs and gets my cpu and memory usage to 90-99% until I kill the process

Those are my 1srt negative observations on the pack.
It still looks magnificent

I'd suggest we play with the pack for a week, then we make a vote for each mod to see if we keep them or not.
for the mod count, i'd say around 100 more or less ? needs testing

Here's the spreadsheet

Last edited by Mailleweaver on Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:20 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Link to spreadsheet)

grillo126

Back to top Go down

Leaf 'n' Logistics bug reports and balance tuning - Page 3 Empty Re: Leaf 'n' Logistics bug reports and balance tuning

Post by Althing Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:44 pm

That's cool Grillo.
I've always liked the Hang drum, been wanting one too Smile
I've tried apps, but they don't even come close..
Haven't seen this video before though.

On the list of music that I also like, I'll share some Yann Tiersen. Particularly some adaptations by Vladimir Yatsina.
Who I managed to find out is in Saskatchewan Canada Smile

I found him while looking for examples played on that particular Melodica he has.
I have the green version which is a Soprano, his is Alto.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

-

Back to MC:
I do trust that Maille is working on that pack, but we are waiting on updates, and Maille himself said he's playing Vanilla MC without us lol
Althing
Althing

Back to top Go down

Leaf 'n' Logistics bug reports and balance tuning - Page 3 Empty Re: Leaf 'n' Logistics bug reports and balance tuning

Post by Mailleweaver Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:58 pm

I'm working on another pack update now. Trying to remove a few mods for potential client performance gains, and updating a lot of the mods. Many modders seem to be trying to clean up their mods for final 1.7 versions before moving on to tackling the vanilla 1.8 update changes.

Right now I'm pretty open to suggestions for mods to remove...
Already taking out Coolers, Doggy Talents, PneumaticCraft, Wild Caves, and Photoreal.
Mailleweaver
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Althing Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:19 pm

I'll try looking at some more mods with an eye towards shortening the mod list.

So far I'm not sure about Chromaticraft.
I watched the video Grillo posted but so far I'm not left with the impression that it's something we'd need or use.
(I will say now that that's just my opinion, if someone is attached to the mod I can understand and sympathize with that, I have my own pet mods after all)

Most of the blocks and resources of the mod are there to build even more Chromaticraft multi block structures recipes etc..
The mod seems to be there mostly to keep you busy. The actual in-game rewards for following this mods path of recipes, structures etc.. seem... well small.
I'm willing to like the mod but I need someone to convince me that it's good and useful.
As it is it's hard to ignore, even distracting. It adds a LOT of items and blocks and is a hazard to yourself and other mobs.
Also following up with the mod will require a lot of dedicated space and resources, the multi-block structures are not small.

It seems almost as complex as Thaumcraft, but Thaumcraft has more obvious benefits. For example Golems and Taint. (Yes Taint is a good thing in the long run)
I think I'm really asking why it's useful rather than condemning it for not being useful.
If it's actually fun, it will keep us REALLY busy for quite a while.

--

Off topic:
I made a Facebook page for Treecrafters, as an experiment.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Treecrafters/1624197117808824
I will create a new forum post as to why shortly, but I know people are actually subscribed to this topic.
Althing
Althing

Back to top Go down

Post by Mailleweaver Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:31 pm

Can someone else take over production of our pack? I don't want to do it anymore. Every time I sit down to work on it, I spend hours and hours on it and don't feel like I get anywhere. It's too much work, and I never get to play anymore.

Either someone else takes over, we pick an existing pack, or we go back to vanilla. I've had enough.
Mailleweaver
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Althing Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:08 pm

Well so far I place my vote on the Direwolf20 1.7.10 pack.
It seems to have most of the tech/magic mods people wanted.
Plus Morph.

Since we may have to manually update the pack anyway, we could manually install the Harvestcraft series of mods to round the pack off. That probably won't add too much instability.

Other than that I'll see if I can look at the Leaf n Logistics pack. No promises though.
Althing
Althing

Back to top Go down

Post by Mailleweaver Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:58 pm

If you want to do the LnL pack for us, I'll give you my files for each pack and what I've gotten done on the next version. I'll also tell FTB you're a dev so they'll let you submit updates.
Mailleweaver
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Althing Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:12 am

Yeah... Okay I'll try to find time to work on that.

Also do you know what mod(s) is making the search button crash? I seems to remember you mentioning that you had more information on it, but just not how to get rid of the problem.

I'll make a Survey to send out to the Active Treecrafter members interested in this mod pack.
I'll give it about a week to be filled out. Using the survey I'll make the mod list shorter.

The mod list is long but I'm only attached to maybe half the mods in it.
The survey will be a chance for people to defend their own favourites.
I'll try to setup the survey on a Value scale as opposed to a straight voting system.

So right now is a good time for you (yes you the one reading this) to convince others that your favourite mods need to stay in the mod pack.
(I think the Food/Crop/Hunger based mods are secure though)

P.S.
WAILA is useful for dissecting engine rooms and odd terrain generation.
But it can take some of the mystery out of things. Do we need it?
Althing
Althing

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazinfox555 Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:20 am

I think that as long as we add the extra foods stuff that I'd be alright switching and using a pack that someone else has preformed maintenance on if it helps take the load off of Maille.

*edit* I think maybe we should make a google drive spreadsheet or something? At the least you can have the tab open in the bg of your browser and you can lurk and there's a chat feature. I think it would be a great way to see if people are on, just not on the server because they don't currently see others.
Blazinfox555
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

http://elephantfreak.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mailleweaver Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:35 pm

I'm packing up my modpack work directory for Althing now.
Here's a link to the spreadsheet I use to keep track of it so you all can have an easy mod list to reference. I also included a pdf version of this along side the changelog in the last two versions of the pack. You can find them in the /LeafnLogistics/minecraft directory wherever you have FTB installed.
Mailleweaver
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by grillo126 Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:43 am

My opinion : refocus the pack on the core of the challenge, keep only mods that increase survival aspect, mods that adds significant decorative stuff, and essential mods (one for inventory management, etc.)
In this aspect I don't find reika's mods interesting at all. They just add unrelated content to the challenge.

I'll work toward making an individual mod rating on a shared spreedsheet
the criterias will be ase following : Treespirit relevance, decorative value, end-game value, fun potential, lack of worldgen (good thing), computational load (server/player).
I'll try to find the time to do it this weekend

Also as promised, I'll work on a HQM questline to provide a guide and game content to players. I'll need the modlist to be in it's final stages before working on this

grillo126

Back to top Go down

Post by Althing Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:12 pm

Server is down.
If someone would be kind enough to restart it I would appreciate it Very Happy
Althing
Althing

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazinfox555 Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:46 am

Server is back up, if anyone was wondering and didn't catch me, Althing, or Xkea to find out from us.
Blazinfox555
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazinfox555 Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:23 am

Server is down again? or at the least there are constant time outs? The server is saying 'can't keep up, did the system time change, or is the server overloaded'? dunno what would be causing it unless it was the automatic bed thing Althing had made near my tree. *shrugs*
Blazinfox555
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mailleweaver Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:31 pm

You can reboot it manually through mpanel with the login info I gave you. Looks fine now; no excessive cpu or memory load.
About tree thing you mentioned last night, that's caused by Hunger Overhaul. There's a setting in the config that's currently (by default) set for "I:saplingRegrowthMultiplier=4." This means saplings take 4 times as long to grow. Most plants and animals are set that way. It takes longer for plants to grow, longer for animals to recover after breeding, longer to recover after laying eggs, and longer for babies to grow up. Althing can change that in the modpack if he wants.
Mailleweaver
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazinfox555 Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:49 pm

Okay, thanks for that explanation! Not sure what was up with it last night then. Also, the crook from Ex Nihilo is a life-saver. So many more saplings, it's great! Especially since it takes so much longer for plants to grow.
Blazinfox555
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mailleweaver Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:56 pm

I figured that you especially would like Ex Nihilo. That's why I included it in the first place.

Althing managed to break the server. That's what all the lag was. Whatever he did to the sheep with his name next to Blazin was causing the server to load 13 thousand chunks around it. That's like having 36 people on at once and all of them far from each other. What did you abuse this time, Althing?
Mailleweaver
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Althing Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:35 pm

ignoring the 13000 chunk loading sheep..

How soon can I make changes to the mod pack?
I still have to test a couple things in SP but I'd like to remove a handful of mods and make some config adjustments.

One problem though is that the removed mods have terrain generated in the current world, so the next pack update means a new world. Anyone opposed to that?

Oh and despite the fact that I REALLY like Carpenters blocks.
I think we may want to remove it too. You mentioned that it loads it's textures like item frames which can cause lag in large quantities.
But wouldn't that be a relative limit? Someone with a faster computer might feel comfortable placing down enough to give other players a huge lag spike, and no one would know it was too many until it was too late.
Althing
Althing

Back to top Go down

Post by grillo126 Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:14 pm

http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/24fbga/do_carpenters_blocks_hinder_performance/

Please don't remove carpenter's block...I consider it pretty much essential
It doesnt lags the server at all, just fps

grillo126

Back to top Go down

Post by Althing Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:31 pm

Oh 1000+ isn't bad. And only clientside lag is even better.

Very Happy

They stay I really like them.
Althing
Althing

Back to top Go down

Post by Mailleweaver Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:20 pm

We can reset the map any time with the test server. That's why I wanted to be clear that it was just a test map and not have everyone getting attached to it.
Mailleweaver
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Althing Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:45 am

Oh good. Watching people make bases was making me nervous.

I'll see if I can pull off an update sometime after this weekend with fewer mods.

To submit the update do Ijust have to login with my MC account at FTB?
Althing
Althing

Back to top Go down

Post by Mailleweaver Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:33 am

You'll have to create a Curse account and login to the FTB forum with that. Let me know what your username is and I'll tell the modpack guys that you're a developer for the pack. I'll PM you a link to the pack's submission thread and the 3rd party modpack guidelines.
Mailleweaver
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by grillo126 Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:15 am

can we get creative mode by default in the new map ?
or permission to enable the mode for everyone ?
walking around in survival isn't quite the way I intended to try to break the server with

grillo126

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady_Dust_Bunny Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:40 pm

grillo126 wrote:can we get creative mode by default in the new map ?
or permission to enable the mode for everyone ?
walking around in survival isn't quite the way I intended to try to break the server with

Near spawn there is a little log hut thingy with 2 command blocks; the left one puts you in creative. Though I do agree having to run there first is blergh.

On a related note, I keep crashing ~5-10 minutes after getting in. Have 5 GB on FTB, unsure what the problem is :/
Lady_Dust_Bunny
Lady_Dust_Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Mailleweaver Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:22 pm

Be sure you add FastCraft to your pack; there's a link to it in the pack description on the FTB launcher.
And don't try to open the creative search tab.
Mailleweaver
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next