TreeCrafters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New modpack's mod list

+8
Blazinfox555
Mailleweaver
Coffeetailor
Oceanous
Apiary
Aiko_Niigata
xkea
Lady_Dust_Bunny
12 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

New modpack's mod list - Page 5 Empty New modpack's mod list

Post by grillo126 Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:04 am

First topic message reminder :

Put your suggestions here i'll try to keep the list updated (choose in this list)

1. Hardcore Questing Mod (amazing potential for tiered progression, ingame tutorial and guided progression) link
  2. Applied Energistics 2 (runs of RF, arguably the best inventory management mod) link
  3. Better Foliage (improves tree's aspect. Needs testing. video) link
  4. BiblioCraft (usefull all around) link
  5. Not Enough Items(unavoidable. Install the extension if needed, CodeChickenCore) link
  6. Forestry(more trees, carpenter stuff, bees. currently in development for 1.7.1, so it needs testing) link
  7. Forestry addons(pick your poison...Binnie's mods, gendustry, magic bees, NEI addon)
  8. Botania(not sure about this one : magic pack about flowers, mana and stuff) link
  9. Dynmap(nice to have) link
  10. EnderIO(crazy good compact piping, compatible AE2) link
  11. Enhanced portals( arguably the best portal mod ) link
  12. Extra utilities( extra awersome for many things) link
  13. Chisel(very good textures)
  14. Extra cells(for AE2, liquid storage and others)
  15. JABBA(for early game inventory management)
  16. Waila, OPIS(what am i looking at, + addons)
  17. The spice of life(difficulty mod about diminishing returns of food) link
  18. Hunger overhaul(difficulty mod about food)
  19. HarvestCraft(difficulty mod about food)
  20. MAtmos (add ambient sounds, see video in spoiler)
    video:
  21. No Cubes (not sure about this one, see video in spoiler)
    video:
  22. Thermal expansion, CoFH Core (basic machines)
  23. Big Rectors (more power gen)
    Big reactors build powering 4 laser drills:
  24. Forge (necessary i think ?)
  25. Infernal mobs (difficulty mod)
  26. Natura and tinker's contruct, with ignana tweaks or not, Tinker's steelworks (everyone love them)
  27. Journey map (dynmap but ingame)
  28. Minefactory Reloaded (tree farm right? plus laser drills to sink RF into)

Grillo's special : Reika's mods link
I LOVE those mods. Really. The modder is constantly improving them...Just check it out
RotaryCraft/ReactorCraft :
The learning curve is pretty steep, but the reward is SO worth it. All the machines scales with the amount of power you feed them.
It goes from lights to excavators, turrets (seek and destroy mobs  affraid ), forcefields, crop farming devices, spawner controlers, to huge multiblocks structures.
It's goal is to be relatively realistic and includes heat management (things can explode, melt and fail). Nuclear reactors (High-Temperature Gas, Fission, Breeder...They generate nuclear waste, which gives off radiation if left alone...beware of -realistic- meltdowns ! with corium, huge radiation field...awesome isn't it ?!).
Check this Fusion reactor (the reactor generate neutrons that heats the boilers which generate steam from water, steam goes into gigantic turbines, turbines generate rotational power which is used on machines, converted to RF...):
Extreme end-game facility:
Note that this monster generate 300x more RF power than the big reactor factory above...The resources needed are however on par with that gap : you'd need serious dedication to build that...I'd say you're better off with nuclear/fission reactors.
Chromaticraft
Super cool magical-like mod featuring crystals based magic. Time accelerating devices, light networks, huge multi-blocks atars, scaled-down beacons with potion III effects...
check it out:

I'm not too pumped up for the other mods he made (Dye trees, void monster, meteorcraft, electricraft, geostrata...). But yes it's awersome and everything, trough I admit is not very tree-ish.

Last edited by grillo126 on Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:14 pm; edited 10 times in total

grillo126

Back to top Go down

New modpack's mod list - Page 5 Empty Re: New modpack's mod list

Post by Althing Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:03 pm

Very Happy

Very Happy (worth repeating)
Althing
Althing

Back to top Go down

Post by Mailleweaver Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:11 pm

All right. I've sent the code to everyone who has participated in this discussion. Smile
Mailleweaver
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazinfox555 Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:15 am

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blazinfox555
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

http://elephantfreak.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Althing Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:18 am

Downloading now Very Happy
Althing
Althing

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazinfox555 Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:29 am

Which Milleniare do we download?
Blazinfox555
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by grillo126 Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:16 pm

Millénaire 6.0.0pb2 pour Minecraft 1.7.10

grillo126

Back to top Go down

Post by grillo126 Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:10 pm

grillo126

Back to top Go down

Post by Mailleweaver Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:51 pm

I think I've finally started to recover enough to continue working on this. I spent most of the evening updating mods, and got most of the way through the list. I'll keep going next chance I get and then test it out. Since it's been so long I'm just kind of blanket updating stuff with only a few exceptions that I know for a fact will cause problems. Hopefully I'm not breaking too much for me to sort out without starting over with 0.1.0 and updating one at a time.

Here's a new look at what the changlog has turned into so far:
v0.2.0 Changlog:
Mailleweaver
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Althing Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:11 am

Recover? Have you been ill?
Althing
Althing

Back to top Go down

Post by grillo126 Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:40 am

Relational issues I guess ? Neutral

Advises :
  • Mushroom islands fix : created every world using the World type : Biomes'o plenty
  • FPS/lag fix : Use MultiMC or/and install FastCraft

Modpack suggestions:
Adding chromaticraft when v3's out
Adding Botania which developed into a wonderful mod
Adding Tabula Rasa for adding custom blocks/items (fully bark textured blocks for example).

You don't have to do all the work Maille, don't hesitate to ask us for help.
I'd be happy to Smile

grillo126

Back to top Go down

Post by Mailleweaver Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:41 pm

Recover from so much stress that I could barely function. Nothing specific causing it, either. Just lots of things going on with work, family, home, and Aria. I had to just chill for a while, so I was playing vanilla minecraft over at test.minecraft.ms. Last night I got on and started chopping down a tree and it made me remember how much I miss you guys. And they recently made me a moderator, so I figured it's time to abandon them and come back home. Razz

We can't add FastCraft to the pack, but you can install it yourself. I even recommended it when I gave you guys the first version of the pack. They just don't allow it to be packaged.

What does the mushroom islands fix do? You weren't very clear on that.

I don't like the insane amount of flowers that Botania scatters everywhere. Flowers are nice and all, but it's way over the top. Tabula Rasa looks nice, but it doesn't come with any in-game ways to make custom blocks, and I don't have any in mind right now. If you want to put together a config for it, we can add it later when the config is done -- like HQM.
I really wish Reika's V3 stuff would come out. That would have been all the incentive I needed to get this pack finished out weeks ago.

As for getting help... that doesn't really seem feasible to me. My biggest gripe with the way other pack makers and mod makers do things is the lack of documentation. I want EVERY change to be listed and described well. That's something that I really like about my work that I want carried over into gaming. Every version of copier software comes with a detailed changelog, and when those are incomplete or inaccurate it's nearly impossible to know whether or not to upgrade/downgrade or at least identify a problem for future fix. When mods or packs don't have a good changelog or a detailed list of dependencies, it's difficult to track down and fix problems. Along those lines, it would be difficult to help me in such a way that doesn't bring in the very easy possibility of putting things together wrong with pieces coming in from different directions, or at least causing me more work to keep things in order. I have a hard enough time keeping track of my own collections.
Mailleweaver
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Althing Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:41 am

I'm slightly relieved that it wasn't flu, or worse, something hospital worthy.
Only slightly because stress can still be a very hard thing to deal with.
I'm glad things have allowed you to start recovering Very Happy

I'm still looking forward to the pack.
Although in the meantime I've been playing different games.
Felt like scifi so I played the Startrek MMO and then discovered Starmade, which is what Galacticraft wishes it could have done for Minecraft.

As I think about it, in a way it's too bad the pack managed to get so huge so fast, adding Galacticraft would have added the ability to build a private space station (1 per player) that would have replaced the private base areas that we lost from Mystcraft and DimensionalDoors (but with oxygen something to account for in your build, oxygen generated by a tree I might add). But the pack is hard enough to troubleshoot without introducing that mod, so I'm not complaining Smile

I understand your desire to do a thorough job of tracking changes, conflicts changelogs etc.. and I applaud you for it.
Because essentially your right, if the job is done poorly now, it'll never be done right later. And this pack needs to be done right.
If things go well we'll be working with this pack and world for at least a year if not three.
(So anyone with concerns or suggestions really needs to speak up now, because we don't want to lose you later)
So in another way it's a good thing the pack is large. It'll provide more things to explore after we exhaust our interest in our favourite mods.
Mods we don't have much of an opinion about now may provide us with a welcome diversion 8 months from now Smile

Anyway I wish there was something more I could do to help. If you can think of anything we can safely contribute, please let us know.
Althing
Althing

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazinfox555 Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:58 am

Glad it's nothing you can't recover from! Take your time getting your stress and stuff under control. Thanks for all the work you've been doing! I also agree with needing details of that kind of information.

I've been pretty busy myself, been playing a lot of Flight Rising, a dragon breeding game. I've also bought Dragon Age: Inquisition, but have been too busy to play it. Then there's been a couple art commissions that I've been slowly working on. Not to mention general stress from job searching and my current job.

I'll have to show you guys pictures of the one commission that I've finished so far. It's for my best friend who is currently living up in New York City and was commissioned by her mother. It's a watercolor painting of the beach we'd go to at least once every summer.
Blazinfox555
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mailleweaver Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:51 pm

I'd certainly like to see that painting. I've recently seen watercolor paintings that I didn't even know were possible with watercolors. Some people can do the most incredible things.

I was hoping to submit the new pack version tonight since I just got it working, but when I asked on the FTB forum about a way to disable ReactorCraft nuclear waste to prevent crashes, Reika piped in with the tidbit that V3 of his mods are expected to come out in a couple days. I think it's worth waiting for that. That will let me update several other mods (Forestry, COFH Core, Thermal Expansion, and a string of others that rely on those.) I'll see about adding ChromatiCraft, too. Do you also want ElectriCraft to have his full tech suite?

Here's a final changelog revision for this pack version. I'm going to borrow a play from Reika and start a new version even though I haven't released this one yet. This will help me keep track of changes I make in the Dragon Update, haha. So look back through both sections for changes when the next pack release actually comes out. New modpack's mod list - Page 5 1173039331 Is the carrot rotting yet?
v0.2.0 Changelog:
Mailleweaver
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by grillo126 Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:11 pm

That would be nice to have Electricraft too yes ! It's really great for generating reactorcraft/rotarycraft power on a single place and redistributing power everywhere using cables. The RF cable is also limitless, which is nice.

I'll wait for v3
Nice job on the changlelog !

grillo126

Back to top Go down

Post by Mailleweaver Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:31 pm

V3 is out. I'm starting on the new pack now.

Edit:
I think I have it done. I'll get it submitted to FTB. Here's what's in the changelog.
v0.2.1 Changelog:
Mailleweaver
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mailleweaver Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:16 pm

It should show up on the launcher within the hour. The server is set up, too, so get one whenever you can.
Eventually I'll update the forum with a new application process. I'm getting kind of tired of having to update it all the time.
Mailleweaver
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazinfox555 Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:53 pm

So, I got on, there were pylon things everywhere from chromiticraft that will attack you when you go near them. Those flower things are still popping up everywhere. Not sure what to do in any case. Are we still just messing around to see what works/needs to be worked on?
Blazinfox555
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mailleweaver Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:12 pm

Yeah, lets try to break things and decide what we can live without. It's still really resource intensive. The PneumaticCraft flowers are set so that they don't spread on their own, and we can still tweak how densely they generate. The ChromatiCraft pylons can't be turned off or spread out. Grillo could probably tell you more about how to deal with them than I can.
I've already found out that we need to get rid of Coolers. I placed one yesterday and when I broke it to pick it up, I got disconnected from the server and can't log back in. I'll have to delete my player data or something.

Oh, I forgot to tell you guys I set up a Mumble server, too.
mumble-us.cleanvoice.ru
port 50454
Mailleweaver
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by grillo126 Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:32 am

Nice work Maille !

I've got on too, I'm still looking for a good spot to settle.
The chromaticraft pylons are dangerous for any living entity, and I personnaly use them to get rid of any hostile chasing me.
They're the powersource of chromaticraft, which is a great mod really. It's new however so there isn't much data on internet

grillo126

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazinfox555 Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:31 pm

Anyone happen to have the spawn coords? I wanna head back there from where ever I am and then start messing around trying to break things.
Blazinfox555
Blazinfox555
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mailleweaver Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:31 pm

856, 626
Mailleweaver
Mailleweaver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rysiion Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:46 pm

Hello everyone, its been a while! Smile I'm hoping to get back into TreeCrafters.. Could someone send me a pm with the code?
Rysiion
Rysiion

Back to top Go down

Post by RaptorSB Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:05 pm

Advanced Genetics Mod - I've never really heard anything other than "Applied Genetics is OP" from anywhere. Think very carefully about this mod, especially since many of it's features are available via several other mods.

Applied Energistics - I've been told there are ways to make them secure now, but I've seen a few servers having issues with AE2 now, due to most protection plugins not providing security for the machine.

ArmorStatusHUD - This is a client side mod, so can be removed from the server side (if you have it there) and made an optional addition by players. Can also be done for StatusEffectHUD, DamageIndicators and JourneyMap (I believe).

BetterChests - Iron Chests, JABBA and Thermal Expansion provide better alternatives.

BiblioCraft - Neat mod, I'd put in all the AddOns for mods in the packs

Big Reactors - With ReactorCraft, not sure you want to keep this one, escpecially since it's very easy to get a small, efficient reactor very quickly (unless you have GregTech). Would only keep if ReactorCraft doesn't provide RF power.

Ex Nihilo - Have never seen this in a pack that didn't have Hardcore Questing mod and a lot of other things turned off.

Extra Cells - AE2 almost makes this mod obsolete.

ExtraTiC - Not entirely sure, but I think the new TiC or IguanaTinkerTweaks covers this now.

Morph - This one just annoys me.

Wawla - Doesn't this just replicate WAILA?

Twilight Forest - Very laggy and causes a drain on server resources (last I heard)

The rest of the mods, I've either not used them before, never heard of them, or don't have an issue with. I can do more intensive research if you'd like though.

RaptorSB

Back to top Go down

Post by Althing Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:28 pm

hideyholeman wrote:Hello everyone, its been a while! Smile I'm hoping to get back into TreeCrafters.. Could someone send me a pm with the code?

Did you get a code Pmed to you yet?
Althing
Althing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum